Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 27

Why are they keeping these boxes in cages like this? I walk thru the rows and rows of boxes each row having a name like city lights and library. I don’t even know my way out of here anymore. I think I’m lost in the rows. I see a screen at the end of all the hall ways. I think I should try to use one. I walk up to one of the screens to turn it on and start typing in code to find Rev. She pops up on the screen she is sleeping. The doctors are walking around her looks like they are trying to help her. I need a way out. I start looking through all the protocol for this building. I see Ron’s killer walk into Revs room. I check my old room and it’s still empty like no one has come yet to check on me. Ron’s killer is now talking to the doctor. How do I hear them? I need to turn on sound.  Oh I got it.  “How long is she going to be out for?”  Ron’s Killer asks. The doctor looks over at her. “Not long. She is unlike anyone I have ever seen. It’s like she is fighting the medication.” Both of them look at Rev now. I wonder if Rev is special like me and doesn’t realize it. “We have to be careful with her. He seems to want her alive. Maybe to answer questions, I’m not sure. I just know we have to do everything to keep her and the other one alive. Have you examined the other one yet?” The doctor looks lost. “What other one? Rev is the only one I have seen.” They must be talking about me. He looks shocked. He doesn’t even say a word he just rushes out of Rev’s room and I see him on his way to the room where they were keeping me. This screen seems to have access to everything, I wonder if I could get his key card not to work by taking it off the system. So I type in codes as fast as I can. I think back at all those times my dad would read code book to me. Teaching me how to work the screens, he said he always wanted me to be a programmer someday. I think that was a lie, I think he knew someday I would have to do this.  He runs up to the room and uses his key card just in time I set the trap. As he swipes his key card I take it from the system. Now let’s delete it so he can’t use it to get out. I sit and wait; he looks shocked to see I am not in the room he left me in. Come on walk all the way into the room, you can do it. I watch him as he slowly walks in. Does he think I am hiding under the chair or table that are see through? Yes he walks all the way in and the door closed behind him and now he has no way out.

                Rev is still sleeping. I need to figure out where they put all our stuff. I look at all the rooms but I am not sure what to look for. Maybe Ron’s trapped killer can help me. I split my screen to make sure I can still watch Rev while trying to figure all this out.  Let’s see if this screen has a mic. “Hello.” I say to Ron’s killer. He looks up at the camera. “How are you doing that?” I laugh at him. He still thinks he is in some kind of position to ask me questions. “I just am. Now let’s talk. I am here to help you. You see I have the power to open the door and you won’t ever get out without my help. So why don’t you tell me what you guys did with all of our stuff?” He looks around. “It’s in the research room. Ava you won’t get away. If you work without me you will not survive this. They will just erase you and Rev.” That wasn’t hard to get him to tell me where our stuff was. Plus he acts like I haven’t thought about that. If they really wanted us gone they would of by now. “Then erase me! Someone doesn’t want me erased, otherwise you really think me and Rev could of got this far? Thanks for your help.” I turn off the light to the room and turn off the sound. I look back at Rev and there is Charles standing over her. I turn on the sound in her room to listen. He is just watching her sleep. “If beauty could be measured yours would still be unmeasurable.” He is walking around her bed. Why is he doing this? He seems almost fascinated by her. “Rev why would you think I wouldn’t catch you? Did you think you could out smart me? The oh so elusive Rev. How did you get here?” Okay now I defiantly think he is not what the history books say. He almost seem like he is enjoying her asleep like he just won some kind of game. I need to get us out of here. He has a paper in his hand but I can’t see what it is.  Okay let’s look at the research room. I pull it up on the screen I see all our stuff, okay now how do I get there from here without anyone noticing. I got an idea; this room seems to be able to do anything like control the lights and power. I slowly start shutting off the lights to each room which set the alarms off but I slowly it down so I can make it just before the lights go off in the research room. Time to go get our stuff! I run out of the rows until I see the door I just came through. I take a deep breath and head up the stairs. I peak before going into the hall way everyone is being evacuated. So as the people start walking out I sneak to the research room. No one is in here they have already been evacuated.  I see Revs back pack and our guns bag. I grab everything I can and start to run to where they are keeping Rev. I run to see Rev in the hall way right outside of the room. “How did you get out?” I ask her as she grabs a gun out of my bag. “Well the alarm went off and I woke up and there was just one doctor in the room with me. So I smack him over the head grabbed my shoes and stole his key card. Now how do we get out of this hell hole?” What is a hell whole? No time for that.  “We just have to get back to the stair case and from there I can get us out.” Rev gets her gun ready. “Revolution where do you think you’re going?” I hear Charles voice from behind us. I turn around and he is with 6 managers with guns. Rev whips around and shoots Charles in the chest. She didn’t even blink. He hits the floor. What has she done?

1 comment: