Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 71

I stand here with everyone's eyes on me waiting for me to say something. "So what will it be Ava?" Erick asks me. "Kara why did they try to kill you?"  I ask her to see if you she is a liar. I want to hear her side and gauge her as a person. "Why or how?" She asks me back. I look over to the desk where there are chairs. "Charles can we get more chairs down here? I would like us all to sit and talk." Charles nods yes and taps on the screen on the wall that I didn't see. Chairs start to come up out of the floor in a blink of an eye. "Thank you Charles. Like I was asking you Kara why do you think they tried to kill you? I would like the story from you please." I go to sit down to hear what she has to say. Rev grabs a chair and sits next to me. Everyone else slowly start to sit. "Well they tried to kill because they feared me. I was able to see the bigger picture. After we all escape the poisonous future we went back to the past. Living in the past was very eye opening for me. I saw the greed that had destroyed the future as it started. So one night I decide to make the choice. I built bombs that would collapse cities and set them off all over the world, after I got the children out of course. This was the only way to start a better world. We were raised to believe greed was just a person striving for more. We needed to reprogram the world. It scared them that I could see the big picture of what we could do with the Orbs."  Kara puts her hand up and motions around her. I think she is talking about Timetopia. I think she is saying this is the bigger picture that they couldn't see. "No Kara! You are not going to sit here and pretend like that was it. We did not fear your vision of the bigger picture. We feared your lack of empathy for life. You killed billions in a night and Kora is the one who saved the children when she realized what you were doing. So let's not pretend." Charles is very out spoken much more like Rev than I thought. "I killed people who were already dead. You saw what the world became because of their greed and lack of empathy. I treated them no different than they treated the world in the end."  Kara says back to Charles.

                I sit here and think of everything I just heard. "So you felt justified to kill all of those people for something that their future relatives were going to do?"  I ask Kara. "Yes, you see you are my niece, you see what I mean right?" I now get why Charles said she was crazy. I look at Rev who is doing this motion with her finger next to her head that I have never seen, she is doing circle over and over again next to her temple. I just shrug at her. She leans closer to me. "Home girl is loco." She whispers in my ear and leans back. I have no idea what any of that means. I take a deep breath and that’s when I notice it. Erick is barely breathing let alone moving. He is sitting in his chair with his arms to the side; I have a flash back of West back in the castle sitting chained down the same way. Erick is brain washed!!! Okay I need to calm down and not let Kara know I see it and at the same time I need Rev to see it. I need to throw everyone off. "So what was your plan Charles when you guys went to the past?" That should buy me some time. "Well our plan was to go back and slightly change thing so none of the major wars would happen. Just slight ticks not blow up the whole damn world!" Charles yells at Kara. They both stand up and are screaming at each other. I lean over to Rev. "Look at Erick, I mean really look at him." I whisper as low as I can. "He is very different then the last time we had seen him. He almost looks like West in the castle.  OH!" She whispers back to me. "It’s Kara!" I tell Rev. "Well if all that wasn't super obvious until right now, you might not be as smart as you think."  I look at Rev, how was the dead twin sister that no one told me about obvious. Wait yeah I guess when you really think about it when she wasn't dead it made it a little clear that she was behind all of this. "Okay you are probably right on that one. What should we do?"  I ask Rev who is watching Charles and Kara fight. "We need to get out of here." I nod yes and the Orb start to light up. "Stop!" Kara yells at me throwing me off. "Where are you going?" I look at Rev. "Oh forget this." Kara says as she lifts her Orb in Charles’ face who is still arguing with her.  The beam of light comes out. "You will listen to me and me alone. You live to please me." Kara tells Charles. I cannot believe what I am seeing. "I live to please you." Charles says back. "Good cut your throat." Kara says as she turns back to Erick. Charles pulls a knife out and cut his own throat, he starts to gush out blood. "NO!" Rev scream from behind me. "Get her." Kara tells Erick. Charles falls to his knees and is just bleeding to death. For a moment time feels like it stops. I can hear Kara voice over the still moment. "I am sorry it had to happen this way but I need the Orb." I look at her as Erick start to come toward Rev. I grab my Orb and focus on wanting them to back up, the Orb lets out a pulse that knocks both of them back. I grab Rev and focus on a hole and pull her through with me.

1 comment: