Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 40

   I start to open the phone and go to her last call. I see the number and call the number back and wait. Someone phone picks up. “Hello” a man’s voice says. He has a very thick accent that I can’t tell from where. “Who is this?” I ask. “I am God.” The man says. “GOD?” I ask. “Yes I am God. Who did you think you were calling?” I stand there very confused. “Are you going to help Hope?” I ask. “How do you know Hope? Do you know what kind of trouble she is in?” She made it clear to the old lady that she didn’t want the man to know about me, so he won’t. “She has been kidnapped by a serial killer.” I tell him. “I have already sent help but the question still remains little girl. Who are you?” I hang up the phone. I think this call was a bad idea. Somehow, I think this did more bad than good. “What did he say?” Grace asks me. “He said he was God and he was sending help.” I shrug. “Oh, great so he was a nut job. What is he sending angels?” Grace asks. “I don’t know but we have to search the apartment for the letter.” I tell Grace as I head inside. Grace drags the poor old lady in the apartment. “What are you doing?” I ask her. “We can’t let her go until we leave. We can’t have her running off telling what I did to her.”  Grace throws her on to the couch. “Sit and relax” Grace tells her. I grab Grace by the arm. “You can’t kill her! Got it” I whisper in her ear. Grace smiles at me. “Let’s just find this letter. We need to get Percy back.” I roll my eyes at her. I walk into Hope’s room. It seems so normal not what I expected at all. I look around and still see no letter. This doesn’t seem right her place looks so normal. I look at Grace and ask her “Anything?”  “No nothing.” Grace says as she throws over Hope’s matters. Grace walks over to Hope’s closet. “For some reason I thought she would have more interesting clothes. I mean these are all very dull.” The noise neighbor lady walks up behind us. “That’s weird” she says. “Yeah it is weird that you left the couch.” Grace says to her. “What’s weird?” I ask her as I hit Grace. “It’s just weird because I could have sworn this unit had a walk-in closet.” She says as she looks at the small closet. “Walk in?” I ask. “Yes, this unit should have a walk-in.”

       I look at Grace. “Get her back to the couch” I tell Grace. “Come on let’s go sit down.” She tells the little old lady. I look around Hope’s room some more. I look under her bed and see a sledge hammer. I had seen it there earlier when I was searching her room and for some reason it didn’t stand out to me. I pull it out from under the bed and start to hammer inside the closet. “It’s a fake wall.” Grace says as the pile wood comes down so easily. Grace starts to pull the pile wood away. “She did a good job with this fake wall.” Grace says looking at the wood as she tosses it to the side. “If she is the one who built it?” I say as I see there is a string hanging from the ceiling with a letter attached. “Ready?” Grace says as she pushes past me and grabs the letter. “I am never ready for these things. I mean as far as scavenger hunts go he sucks at this. They aren’t even clues! He just talks about his life and wants us to find the next spot through his long-winded letters.” I tell Grace. “This should be the last one, Right?” Grace says. “How should I know he might be a liar and we could be just on a wild goose chase” I tell Grace. I look at Hope’s real closet. She has whips and chains along with some other things I would rather not look at. “Whoa well that a umm….” Grace says looking at me looking at the closet. “Let’s just read the letter.” I tell Grace closing the closet door. Grace looks down at the letter taking a deep breath. “Here is the end of the road. Now that you know a little more I hope we can put our family together. I got to know my little brother through all of this and note I never hurt him. So, come to find us and welcome both of your brother’s home. Grace this one is all on you baby sister. Where was the place where you first lost it? The place where you could no longer control the urge to kill? Do you remember how you slaughtered all of those who couldn’t stop grieving? You set them free. You left the bodies everywhere; you couldn’t face at that moment what you had done so you ran home to clean up. When you returned to clean up your mess the bodies were gone and somehow everything was ok. Well here is our secret little sister.  I cleaned up those bodies for you. I saw my little sister in trouble and I came to help. You’re going to laugh when you realize that you knew where we were the whole time. We are where you lost control. We will be here waiting for you when you arrive. See you soon little sister.” Grace throws the letter on the ground and screams. “I knew it would come back to haunt me! I knew it I knew it.” I just look at Grace. “What would?” The little old lady says. Grace turn and looks at her sitting on the couch. “Grace don’t!” I can see my mother in her eyes. I grab Grace as she starts to head toward the couch to kill the old lady. “Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. We need to find Percy.” I shake her to try and get her to focus.



No comments:

Post a Comment