Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 41


                     I get Grace to walk out of the apartment without killing the old lady. “Come on Percy is waiting on us” I tell her. I look back at the old lady smiling at me from the couch, she mouths to me. “I won’t say a word.” I nod at her as I shut the door behind me.  I manage to somehow get Grace into the car. “Let’s go” I tell her. “She will tell on us they always do when you leave them with a tongue.” Grace says. “Do you ever even leave them alive?” I ask Grace sarcastically. She just rolls her eyes at me. She starts driving but I am not sure where. We start to drive down to the warehouse district. “So are you going to tell me the story of this place?” I ask Grace as she drives. “It’s not a big deal. It is pretty much what the letter says I killed someone and the family couldn’t get over the loss. So I slaughtered the whole family.” Grace says like it is nothing.  “Who did you kill?” I ask. “I killed their prized son.”  Grace says trying to keep it short. “Grace tell me the whole story so I have an idea of what we are walking into.” I tell her not sure if our big brother won’t try to take Grace down memory lane. “We aren’t going to walk into anything. I killed every single one in that family” she says. “How do you know that you killed the whole family? How could you know something like that? Also how could you take a whole family?” I can’t help but ask her. “It was a family reunion. I didn’t mean to take them all out, I just did.” Grace says. “Grace I swear if you don’t start telling me this STORY, I am going to sing Britany Spear Hit Me Baby One More Time until your ears bleed.” I know Grace had that song stuck in her head for like 6 months when we were kids. “If you do that I swear I am going to kill you.” She says back to my threat. I start to do the tapping sound like in the music video. “Oh baby baby oh baby baby”, how was I supposed to know I would start to sing. Grace starts to scream. “STOP! I’ll tell you.”
                Grace is taking her sweet time telling me her story. “Come on get on with it already.” I tell her. “Fine, I killed their son. You might remember him cursing Lewis.” Grace looks at me. I do remember him. That guy was a real creep. “Yeah I remember cursing Lewis. I hated that guy, always picking up on 8th graders when he was like 17.” I still see his creepy smile in my head as he cruised around our JR High looking for girls. “Yeah well he tried to get fresh with me. So I killed him. I quartered him to be honest. I loved taking him apart piece by piece as he begged for his life. I took my time with him. I told mom and dad what he tried to do and they let me have the game room for the whole weekend. I took my time killing him. He really was one of my favorite kills.” I can hear the satisfaction in Grace’s voice. “I wish I could say I felt bad for him. However he was the worst type of guy so I guess I am okay with you killing him.” I say to Grace. We both laugh at the fact that I didn’t care about her killing him. This doesn’t explain why she killed his whole family or how. “Keep going with this story. How did that make you kill his whole family?”  I ask Grace wanting to know the rest. “Well what none of us knew is that he was really good at baseball, he was his family’s big hope. So when he went missing they wouldn’t give up searching for him. They would have fundraisers to pay for private investigator to try and find him. It never worked of course because you can’t find someone who isn’t there” Grace smiles. “Mother’s acid bath?” I ask knowing she means there is nothing to find. “Of course, you know mom’s acid bath is the best. She has a way with making bones disintegrate into nothing.”  Grace says like she is so proud of our mother. “Yeah, I know, so why don’t you tell me how you killed his family.” I know Grace is just talking in circle so she doesn’t have to tell me the story. “Okay fine, I use to go to all their family fundraisers for him. All the church functions in their efforts to raise money to find him.  I ended up getting close with his family. I thought if I stood close to them I could convince them to move on with their lives. It didn’t work; his selfish mother just wouldn’t let it go. She said she missed her son but really she just wanted the money he was going to earn.” I can hear the annoyance in Grace voice. “So after a fund raiser I spoke to her about letting him go. It was time for her to move on. She didn’t really take that well so I slit her throat. Some of the family over heard it so I had to kill them to. I hid in the corner of the room and slit each throat as they came in. Lucky one of his uncles had a gun. So I didn’t have to slit all of their throats I also shot a few of them to. Next thing I knew I was standing in a room of dead people, 20 dead people to be exact. I don’t even know how I did it. It was like I turned into a killing machine, either way they were all dead. I got scared that someone would see me there. So I ran home to clean up and come up with a plan. I just knew I couldn’t tell my mom or dad. But when I came back they were all cleaned up so I just took it as a win and waited to see if anything turned up. When nothing did I decided to just forget all about it. I guess it has finally caught up with me.” We pulled up to the warehouse. It’s time to meet our big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment