Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 43

Grace goes through the window first. I follow right behind her. We are in a dark cold warehouse.  “What now?” Grace asks me. “Relive that day” I tell her hoping that’s what we are supposed to do. Grace starts to head toward one of the sectioned off rooms, she stops in the door way. “Yeah I think he is trying to re-enact that day.” Grace says as she moves to the side for me to see. There are blood covered sheets over what looks like died bodies. “What do you think is under there?” I ask her, knowing that these sheets are not covering dead bodies. “Manikins maybe” Grace says as she enters the room. “The blood on the sheets is real” Grace says as she takes a deep breath. “Yeah but there is no smell of decaying so that means there is no bodies here just blood.” I tell her as we walk around. “The blood smells old to.”  Grace says as she sniffs at the sheets. One of the sheets move and Grace and I jump back. “Did that just?” I ask Grace. “Yeah that sheet just moved.” Grace starts to walk up to the blood-soaked sheet and pulls it up. There is a girl under it and she is tied up. She is moving very slowly. “She has been drugged.” Grace says as more of the sheets start to move.
                “Why would he drug all these people and just leave them under old blood-soaked sheets?” I ask Grace. “How should I know? But I will say these are the same sheets I covered everyone I killed that day with. Maybe he wants us to kill all these people” Grace says as she looks back at all the sheets. “I hope that’s not it.” I look at all the sheets knowing there is a human life under each one. “There has to be a note of some kind, right?”  Grace asks me. I shrug as I look at all the sheets struggling. “We have to figure something out they are all waking up”, I tell her. I walk over to the girl who we first found. I look at her and she is gagged, so she can’t talk. She looks at me and start struggling to move. “Please calm down and I will untie you.”  She nods like she understands me. “Don’t fully untie her. Just ungag her mouth.” Grace says as she starts to pull the sheets off the other people. I untie the gag in her mouth she takes a deep breath. “He can’t be far. We have to get out of here!”
                “Do you know him?” I ask her as I untie her to sit up. “I helped him change his name and get new papers. He told me the name I gave him would be the last. I had no idea he was going to kidnap me.” She is a forger for him. Is he trying to clean up loose ends because he thinks that this is the end of the road? Does he think after we get Percy back that he is going to become a part of our family? “Cahira!” Grace yells at me as I look back as she is holding one of the sheets up but hasn’t quite pulled it off, so I can’t see what is under it. “Give me a second.” I tell the girl, she nods yes as she is stretching out. I walk over to Grace and look under the sheet. It’s a dummy. “Maybe he didn’t have enough people to tie up” Grace says. I look at the dummy for a second and turn it over and see an envelope and a string. “There is a letter.” I tell Grace. “I was really hoping that there wasn’t going to be a note. I was praying that the dummy was tied up for no reason.”  Grace says as she kicks the dummy. “Kicking it isn’t going to change anything.” I tell Grace. “What does any of this have to do with Percy?” I say in frustrated and just wanting my baby brother back. “STOP!” Grace yells at the girl who was tied up. I turn and she is untying another guy who is tied up.  “I know him.” The girl says. “That nice but we don’t even know you. I am not sure why all of you are tied up. Until I get some answers, we aren’t untying anyone else.” Grace says like she is the boss of these people. The girl stands up. “My name is Sara, well that is the name I am going by right now.” She sticks her hand out to shake Grace’s hand. “Nice to meet you Sara! But if you try to untie him I will gut you very slowly so you will feel every second of it. So sit down and let me figure out what is going on her.” Grace says as she pulls Sara in close to her.  “Grace take a chill pill. But Sara please don’t untie anyone. We have a letter that might give us some answers.” I tell Grace and Sara. “I understand what you’re saying but he has asthma so I am not sure if being gagged is safe for him. I don’t want to be gutted but I don’t want to be responsible for his death either.” Sara says as she points at him. “Just ungag him” I tell her. “Thank you” Sara says. I just smile at her. We are not monsters.  “Fine ungag him but that’s it. Let’s read this letter and see what he has to say.” Grace says.

No comments:

Post a Comment