Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 27


                 I climb back through my window and go to Grace’s room. I bust in her room to find her doing Yoga. “You do drugs?” I ask her. “A few times” she answers so quickly like it is no big deal. “Why?” I ask her. “I can’t always control my urges to kill as you know it helps when I am angry.” Grace stops doing Yoga to look at me. “Grace something isn’t right with you drugs and killing whole families. Your urges are out of control.” I don’t know how to help her and am not even sure why I am confronting her. “Who told you Enrique?” She asks me. “Yes he told me and by the way he knows everything about us. Way to keep our family secret.” Grace rolls her eyes at me. “Enrique can be trusted he isn’t going to do anything to hurt us.” I can’t believe her right now. “You’re joking right! He comes from a drug addict mom and steals to get by. He didn’t want to even tell you what he knew about Percy being taken! So whatever bond you think you have with him you don’t!”  I don’t mean to sound harsh but Grace put herself and my parents at risk telling him their secret. “You hate what we do and yet you would do anything to protect our secret. Why? It’s not like your neck would be on the line you never killed with us.”  I wish she could understand that I would never want anything to happen to her. “You are my sister how can you not get it after all of this that I would do anything to protect you! After the boxes and everything we have learned you still have no idea!?”  Grace stands up at my remark. “God you really are the perfect sister and daughter.” She says as she pushes past me.  I don’t understand her angry towards me. I follow her as she heads down stairs. “I do drugs!” She screams at my parents who are sitting in the living room reading.  “Grace is this teen rebellion?” My mother asks as she continues to read her book. “Yes mom! This is teen rebellion. I do drugs when I’m not out killing” she screams. My dad gets up and walks over to Grace who is screaming in the foyer.
                “Percy is kidnapped, Cahira has a mother who you knew nothing about and you want to scream about your drug usage and out of control behavior?” My dad says calmly. “Cahira found out I did drugs and she wants to scold me. So I thought since these boxes or gifts of honesty keep coming to our door why not just come out with it.” My dad looks Grace in the eyes and smack her across the face. My mother jumps up. “You spoiled little girl. You want some attention here it is.” My dad yells at her. My heart drops. My dad has never hit any of us it was always my mother’s doing. Even she looks shocked that my dad hit Grace. Grace holds her cheek as she stands there. “Spoiled! How can I be spoiled by serial killers who don’t know a thing about what a child needs?” Grace says to him. My dad raises his hand to hit her again so I run in between them. “Dad enough” I say. “She will not speak to me this way.” My dad says as he puts his hand down. I look at him “dad she is hurting”. You don’t think it has been hard on her as well. All of us are scared and worried about Percy! She is just acting out.” I explain to my normally rational father. “You take care of her outburst then. Hope is missing and no new box has shown up. You don’t think we have bigger problems?” I nod at my dad and start to push Grace back. “NO! I am sick of this I will not be a good little girl!” Grace says. I don’t know how to help her. “Enough of this.” My mother says calmly as she walks over to us. She grabs Grace by her hair and kicks her legs out from under her. “Stop!” I scream as my dad grabs me. “Time to go to the cage you need some time to think.” My mother drags Grace who is kicking and scream. “NOOOOO! I will not go back!” Grace screams. “STOP!” I scream as I try to get out of my dad’s arms. “Cahira enough stop fighting she is out of control and you know it. She needs this before she risks all of our lives.” I start to cry at the thought of Grace in the cage. My mother drags Grace all the way to the basement. “You are making her into a monster.” I tell my dad. “According to you we are a family of monsters. Soulless monsters right?” MY dad still has a tight grip on me. The doorbell rings and my dad let me go. We both rush over to the door. There is a man standing there. “Cahira?” He says. “That’s me” I say. “Sign here.” He hands me an iPad. I sign and he hands me an envelope. “Have a nice day.” The man leaves. “Open it” my dad says as he closes the door. I rip the envelope open and pictures fall out. I pick them up off the floor and it is Hope. She is chained up to some kind of bar system. I am not sure what she is chained to but she is standing. I hand the pictures to my dad. “He has Hope” I tell him. There is also a letter with the pictures. I don’t even want to know what it say.

No comments:

Post a Comment