Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 28

“If you won’t read it I will” my dad says. I open the letter. “Dear Cahira, I am sorry to inform you that your gift has been delayed due to some unforeseen complications. This however means your gift will be worth twice as much as the rest. Your gift is the last one. You can get both Percy and Hope back. Don’t worry Percy remains unharmed, I can’t say the same for Hope unfortunately. I promise you this, I have done nothing to her that she didn’t do to me first. Your gift will be arriving shortly. Keep an eye out for it because yours is where it all began. Love always….” He didn’t put a name, but why would he. I feel sick to my stomach. He has Hope and is torturing her. I run to the kitchen and throw up in the sink. “Cahira what happened?” My mother says. “He has HOPE!” I say to her. “What?” I point at my dad who walks up behind me with the letter and the pictures. My mother rushes over to him “let me see.” My dad hands her the letter and pictures. “Oh good we can get both of them back??” My mother says. I sit on the floor wondering how bad Hope is hurt. “Don’t worry Cahira; Hope is trained to endure torture. She can take whatever he throws at her. She will be fine. All we need is your box to come and for you to tell your secret and we get them both back.”  I look at my mother because nothing she just said made me feel any better. I wish I knew what my secret was. What if it is something that happened before my coma??? I might not even be able to remember my secret. “None of that makes me feel any better, but thanks for trying.” I tell my mom as I get up off the floor. My dad tries to hug me and I push him away. “This is all your fault. I don’t care what you guys say whoever is doing this has been doing so because of you monsters.” I shove past them and head to my room.
                I lay in my bed angry at my parents and at myself for not stopping Hope. I am not sure what I could have done. I hear my window open and I look over to see Enrique climbing through. “I can’t stop thinking about you.” Enrique says to me. I am not sure why he is talking like that. “Okay?” I sit up and just look at him, he walks over to my bed and pulls me up off it. He places his backpack on my bed and kisses me. His lips are very soft. He pulls back and looks at me, I never notice his eyes were hazel before. He puts his head on mine and whispers to me. “Just go with it.” He starts to kiss me again. I hear his backpack open. He pulls back and hands me a black metal box that has a green light on. “There now whatever camera or listening device that is in here won’t work. He was putting on a show. “Right.” I have never been kissed like that before. I honestly don’t think I have ever had a real kiss. Chance and I kiss but only because it would be weird to people if we didn’t.  Enrique reaches into his backpack and pull out a wand. “What is that?” I ask him. “It is to see where the listening devices might be or the cameras.” He starts moving the wand across my furniture. I can’t move and I am not sure why. “Are you really that freaked out that I kissed you?” Enrique asks looking at me. “What why would you say that???” I ask him. “Well your standing completely still like a statue.” I look down at myself and I haven’t moved. “Shut up! Let’s get to work.” I start to walk toward him to start using the wand. He smiles, “Right. So if I kissed you again you would?” I look him in the eyes “punch you in the face.” He laughs at me. “Sure you would but anyways there is nothing on this side.” He turns the wand back on to start looking around. I start to look around too but I am not even sure what I am looking for. I hear a beeping sound come from the wand. I turn and look at Enrique. “What does that mean?” I say to Enrique as he holds up my stuff lion. “There is something electronic in here. I am not sure what though.” He pulls out a knife to cut my lion open. I turn away I can’t stand to watch. “It’s a listening device.” Enrique say as turn around.  I walk over and pick up my poor lion and push the stuffing back into it. “Where did you get this lion?” I look down at my lion in my hands. “I don’t remember. I just remember waking up in the hospital with it.” He puts the listening device in a lead box. “This isn’t an old listening device so there is no way it has been in there since you came out of your coma. This means someone had to of gotten your lion later and put it in.” Enrique continues to wand my room. I grab a needle and thread out of my dresser to fix my lion. As I sew up my lion I try to remember who gave it to me.  I just remember opening my eyes in the hospital and having the lion in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment