Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game night page 29

“The room is clean besides this one listening device.” Enrique says as he puts the wand down. “So someone wants to listen to me but not watch me.” I wonder why just listen. “Maybe they wanted to respect some of your privacy.”  I look at him with a side eye. “We should start looking through the rest of the house” Enrique says as he grabs my hand and pulls me out my door.  “You have the scrambler on you right?” Enrique asks me as we move down the hall.  “The black box?” I ask him as I pull it out of my pocket. “Yeah as long as we move around with that, no one will be able to see or hear us. Also, you can’t make any phone calls.” Why would I make a phone call right now? “I think we will be fine.”  He moves the wand up and down the walls down the hallways. The wand starts to go off on our family photo. “Another listening device” Enrique says as he goes to pull it off. “Don’t, leave it there we don’t want him to know we know where they are.  So let’s just mark where they are but not move them.” Enrique nods at me and start to put the picture back. I have an idea. “Stay right here okay. Don’t say a word.” I tell Enrique as I run back into my room. I go to my drawing desk and grab the round red sticker dots off the top. I run back to Enrique to put the dots above the listening device. “That’s smart, good to know you think quick on your feet.” Enrique smiles at me. I hit him in the stomach. “You need to take a breath. Let’s just keep looking and a little less of that whatever you think you’re doing.” Enrique laugh at me and starts wanding the rest of the hallway.
                We have found listening devices all throughout the house. We did find cameras only facing the doors, probably to watch us come and go. There is only one place left to check, the game room. I can’t let Enrique go down there, my parent would never let him come back up. Plus, Grace is in a cage down there and I am still not sure how I am going to explain that one. “Who is this?” My mother ask from behind us. SHIT! I’m so screwed. “Cahira answers your mom” my dad says. I don’t want to turn around. I grab Enrique’s arm and squeeze as tight as I can. “Maybe if we don’t move they won’t see us” I whisper to him. “This isn’t a movie and plus I am pretty sure they have already seen us.” Enrique whispers back. “Cahira!” My mother says in that I am going to kill you tone. I turn around. “The house is bugged mostly just listening devices I mark where they are with the red dots. A few cameras but only at all the doorways but this little black box thing stops them from working.” I pull the box out of my pocket and show them. “I saw the red dots all throughout the hallway I was wondering what was going on.” My dad says. “That explains what you’re doing but not who he is.” My mother says. “Thank you Sherlock for your great deductive skills. He is a friend of Grace’s and he actually was looking for her, when I asked him to help me with the equipment.” I try to throw my mother off mentioning Grace who is locked in a cage.  “He is the boy from the picture, the one who saw Percy get taken” my dad says. “Yeah my name is Enrique sir.” He sticks his hand out to shake my dad’s hand. My dad looks at him for a second before shaking his hand. “Nice to meet you.” My dad says. “Well if he is looking for Grace we should have him wait in the game room until she comes home” my mother says. She is going to kill him if I don’t act fast. “Enrique thanks for all your help but I just noticed the time and I know how your stepdad gets mad when you’re late.” I hope Enrique understands that I am trying to warn him. “Your right Cahira. I would hate for him to lose his head over me being late. I should get going.” He hands me the wand and walks toward the front door as quickly as he could. He walks out before my parent say one word. “How much does he know?” My dad asks me. “That someone took Percy and is now tormenting us. That is all he knows and I wasn’t even the one to tell him.  My mother stand creepily still. “I think he knows more than you’re saying Cahira.” My mother says to me. I just shrug. “If he does I know nothing about it.” My mother smiles at my statement. “But you know who would?” My mother asks me. “He would?” I am not completely sure where she is going with this. “No the person who told him, his friend.” My mother says as my dad bear hugs me. My mother start to head toward the game room. She is going after Grace. I try to get free from my dad’s grip. “Please daddy don’t let her hurt Grace!” I beg my dad. “She won’t hurt Grace as long as she didn’t tell him anything.” My dad says as he tries to calm me down. “You sent Hope my mom away to protect me but now you won’t protect Grace. Daddy please! You know mom has no control, it has been awhile since she has killed anyone and with all this stress and pressure going on right now. I don’t think she will be able to help herself.” I scream at my dad. He drops me on the floor and runs toward to game room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment