Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 31

  I run into the game room where both of my parents are. I see the girl strung up with a gag in her mouth and I stop instantly. I am not sure what to say so I stand there. It isn’t Enrique, but I can’t walk away. She is still a person even if I don’t know her. “You need to go.” My dad says as he grabs my arm. “Dad please don’t kill her she is a person.”  My dad pushes me up the stairs and out the game room door. They lock the door behind me. That poor girl will never see her family or friends again. What if this is why someone took Percy because of their urges. I walk up my stairs and go to my room. I open my door to see Enrique lying in my bed reading a book. I rush in and close the door behind me. “What are you doing here?” I ask him. “Well your parents are thinking about killing me and the best place to hide is in plain sight. So, I hid my motorcycle down the street and snuck back in.” He says with a smile on his face. “You have to get out of here. If they do find you here, they will kill you without a second thought.” Enrique shifts his head back and forth. “You know what I think the safest place to be is right here. I’m just going to stay the night and tomorrow you can throw me out to fend for myself.”  I look at Enrique. “I am really not in the mood to argue with you about this. You can stay for the night.” I push him off my bed and throw a pillow on the floor with one of my blankets. “So, I guess this means I am sleeping on the floor.” Enrique says. “Of course, it does. I know you didn’t think you were going to sleep next to me.” I say as I crawl into my bed. I lie down and wonder where my box is?? I just want to tell my secret whatever it may be. So, I can get my mom and Percy back.  
                I open my eyes and I am lying on Enrique chest. I start to pull back, how did he end up in my bed. “It’s okay Cahira I am right here.” He whispers to me as he holds me tighter. I feel slightly trapped but safe. It is still the middle of the night. I just let him hold me and I close my eyes. I have never had anyone hold me let alone a boy. I hear the door bell and jump up. “Whoooa, is everything okay?” Enrique says. “Yeah I just heard the door and how did you end up in my bed?” I ask him as I hit him. “You were crying in your sleep last night. So, I comforted you. You really didn’t seem to mind last night.” Enrique sounds almost cocky. “Get out! Go home or wherever it is you like to dwell.” I start to get out of bed. “CAHIRA GET DOWN HERE NOW!” I hear my dad yell. “You really need to go out the window okay?” I tell him as I head out of my room. I made sure to close my door behind me. I run down the stairs to see a gift. I know this is my box. I take a deep breath. My mother and Grace are both standing back. My dad is standing over the gift wrapped in what looks like car wrapping paper. I don’t understand why mine would be wrapped in car wrapping paper. I don’t have any secrets with cars. “The card is on the outside this time.” My dad says as he point at the envelope with my name on it. I open the envelope. I don’t want to read whatever this card says but I know I have to. I open the card and start to read. “Last but most defiantly not least you are where it all started so I took most care in making your gift. Your secret might not even be one you can remember. Better find a way to jog that broken memory of yours. See we have met once before. I told you and you alone exactly who I am. No pressure for you have longer than a week since so much more is at stake. Get it right the first time and you will get them both, get it wrong and you only get one. I know your family will only really want Percy back but I am sure you will fight for Hope. When you think you got it figured out just order a dozen red roses and put your guess on the card. P.O. Box is inside your gift. So, get excited on opening it. I hope to see you soon little warrior.” So, it sounds like I have met him before. I look at the gift and start to pull off the bow. I slowly unwrap it. “Cahira.” Grace says. I stop and look back at her. “Let me.” She says as she walks next to me and opens the box. I don’t even want to look in but I know I have to. There is a car and a doll in a medical gown. There is also a mini stuffed lion that looks just like mine. “Look at the bottom.” Grace says. “It’s another thumb drive.” I grab it out. “Get the lab top.” I tell Grace. “It is in my room. I’ll go get it.” Grace is still injured and moving slow. “I’ll go gets it. It will be much faster.” My mother says. “I mean it is the least you could do.” I tell her since she is the one who injured Grace. “Don’t start Cahira.” My mother says as she heads up stairs. I wish she felt even the slightest remorse for what she did to Grace.  I look back down at my hand and wonder what is on this thumb drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment