Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family game night Page 42

We get out of the car at the warehouse; I start to walk to it. “Wait!” Grace says as she opens her trunk. She opens the floor panel on her trunk where a spare tire should be, but there is a bag instead. She pulls the bag out. “Okay let’s go” she says. We both walk up to the front door.  “Are we really going to just walk in through the front door?” I ask Grace. “I mean what other choice do we really have? He knows we are here” Grace says. “Are you going to tell me what is so important in that bag of yours that we need to bring it with us?” I ask Grace looking at the giant black duffel bag in her hand. “It’s my tools and a gun just in case this doesn’t go well, and we have to kill him.” Grace is my mother’s child all the way. “Why would you need tools to kill him?” I ask her. “Because after everything he has put us through I would like to take my time with him, if I can that is.” Grace says as she shakes her bag of tools.  “You should give me the gun then.” I tell her as I turn and put my hand out. It is not that I don’t trust Grace, but Hope is in there. I know Grace would not think twice about killing Hope if she got in the way of killing our big brother. “You want the gun?” Grace askes me in shock. “You think guns are such an unoriginal way to kill people any way. So why are you questioning me?” I tell her. “I am not saying I won’t give you the gun just a little surprised you asked for it.” Grace says as she reaches into her bag and hands me her gun. “I just want to be sure I can have your back in there. Just in case this is trap.” Which I am almost 100 percent sure this is. We both take a deep breath and go to open the front door of the warehouse.
                “It’s locked” Grace says as she keeps trying to turn the handle. I look around and I don’t see anyone insight. There aren’t even any cars in the parking lot. It is quickly turning into night, I am not sure if we figured it out sooner then he thought we would or if this is a part of his game. “What are you thinking?” Grace askes me. “Just that this has to be a part of it somehow. Like if he wants you to come in the way you came out all those years ago or something. That’s if you didn’t leave through a different door.”  I say to Grace. She stands back for a second and motions for me to follow her. “Your right I didn’t leave through that door that day. I took off out the window in the back by the office thing that’s inside.” We walk around the building. The office is where he must be keeping Percy. Grace runs up to the open window. “Let’s think about this. He only gave us one-way in. This seems like a trap.”  I tell Grace as I pull her back from the window. “Do you think he is going to kill us?” Grace asks me. “I don’t know. It’s not like I know him so much better than you. You’re the one who actually spent time with him. You tell me is he going to try and kill us?” I tell her. “I am safe then. I don’t think he would kill me or Percy.” I just look at Grace with my hands up. “What does that even mean? You and Percy are safe” I ask her. “Well he wants dad’s love. The same way I want mom’s and dad’s love. Since dad loved you the most, you’re the only real threat. Well that was until our big brother got you thrown in front of a car and kind of turned you into everything mom and dad hate. With all that being said I guess you’re safe now to. Mom would be the only one he would need to kill” Grace says. “Who doesn’t want to kill our mother? He would have to get in a long line on that one.” I start to laugh. “If Hope is in there are you going to go with her?” Grace askes me. I just look at her not sure how people wanting to kill our mother lead to this question. “What do you mean if Hope is in there? She better be in there or we won’t have an older brother for much longer.” I pause to think for a second. “Where is that question coming from?” I ask Grace. “I just want to know if we find her am I going to lose you? I just want to be prepared.” I fear if I tell Grace I would leave that she will kill Hope if we find her. I am not even sure if I would go with Hope, I just know I need to find her. “Grace I would never just up and leave you. I wish you would get that through your head. That doesn’t mean that I don’t want to know my mom. I know you don’t understand that right now.” I hug her just wanting her to feel comforted. “I get why you want to get to know her. You have a mom; our mom is your mom. She raised you, she loves you.” I step back from Grace. “No mother loves you. Plus, she has never once in my life felt like my mom she has always felt like my mother. You know that I have always felt that way.” I am not sure why Grace is acting like what I am saying is all brand new. “I know,” She says sadly. “Come on let’s climb through this window and go get Percy. Who knows if we are even going to live through this? He might kill us as soon as we get in.” I shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment