Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game night page 15


                "Grace I don't know what to say and frankly you have me very confused." Grace looks at our old home. "It has everything to do with it. Once mom and dad started loving me more because you woke up different I swore that I would be more like you were. I would learn to control my emotions and never be anything less than perfect for them." I look at Grace and hug her. "I don't remember having emotions before waking up that day in the hospital. So you controlling the real emotions you have, is just you pretending not to have them and that can't be easy Grace." Grace starts to tear up again. I wonder if that is the big secret that Grace has emotions. I am not sure why that would be such a big secret. Well from my parents I could see why Grace would want to keep it to herself. "So what did they say after you tried to burn down the house?" I can't help but ask. "Nothing dad just woke up and went to try to save me and Percy and figured out we weren't there. He ran outside and found us in the tree house. He just asked if I had saved Percy, I said yes. They just assumed mom left a candle lit in the bathroom and that's what started the fire." I can't help but laugh. Only my family would ignore the fact that one of us tried to kill our parents. Grace and I lay back down and start to relax. We do not talk about anything and soon we both fall fast asleep. I am not sure how long we are out for but when I woke up Grace is gone. I start to climb out of the tree house to see someone standing in front of my old house. It is a man's figure, I slowly climb out of the tree house trying not to make noise. The man turns around and it is my dad. I take a breath of relief.
                "She is at home in her bed." My dad says as I walk up to him. "Did she tell you what her big secret was?" I ask my dad. "No she just came home and went to sleep." I start to wonder if the secret was that she tried to burn down the house but if that was the case what would that have to do with Enrique. "I can't believe you didn't rebuild and just bought us a new house." I tell my dad as he looks at the burnt down house. "This was Grace's big stand." I look at my dad in shock. "You know she tried to kill you." My dad laughs. "Yes of course I do. Your mom and I couldn't have been more proud of her."   Of course they would be. Why am I surprised? "I have no words for you just a sound ugggh." My dad laughs. "That was not the most concerning thing about that night." I look at my dad.  "Well I would love to know what was the most concerning part about that night." My dad starts to walk along the house to where Grace's and mine old room had been. "Do you remember Grace's imaginary friend?" I stop to think. I don't remember anything about an imaginary friend. "No I can’t say I do but there are a lot of things I don't remember."  My dad nods his head in agreement with that statement. "I think you might not remember because it might have started when you were in your coma." I look at my dad. "Okay? Are you getting to a point dad or just walking me down memory lane?" I am getting a little annoyed with everyone not just saying things straight out and talking in circles. "Watch your attitude Cahira." My dad says. I put my head down in a sign of respect. "The imaginary friend saved my life that night." I stand there with my mouth open. "How?" Is all I can ask. "He wasn't imaginary. Someone was talking to Grace for months without us seeing them. When he figured out Grace was trying to kill us he threw water on me when I was sleeping, that's what woke me up. As soon as I woke up he ran. He just disappeared. It was a part of the reason we decide to get a new house." A lot seems to have happened when I was asleep for those few months. "So some guy was talking to Grace and no one suspected anything?" I ask just to be clear. "We just thought she was lonely and sad because you were gone. We never saw anyone around Grace. He was like a ghost there was no trace of anyone being around the house. We even hired a private detective. Grace still has no clue her imaginary friend was a real person. After the fire she said he never came back. Plus soon after you woke up from the coma, so it all kind of got forgotten a bit." Something isn't sitting well with me. "Did he ever hurt Grace? Did you guys ever ask???" I can't help but be afraid of what Grace might have went through. "Yes of course we asked after we figured it out. She said he would tell her stories of faraway lands and would just listen to her talk." I still have a feeling of panic come over me. "Do you think someone was grooming her and she just happen to ruin their plan by lighting the house on fire?" My dad shrugs. "We might never know what this person wanted." I stand there wondering if this has anything to do with Percy or is this just something I never knew about the past. What else don't I know? Oh yeah Grace's secret that someone is willing to hurt Percy over.

No comments:

Post a Comment