Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 34

“Why wouldn’t he have just showed up at our front door?” My mother asks. “He was scared he thought you would kill him. He just kept asking for me to bring him to dad.” I look at my mother. “We don’t know for sure if he is who he says he is.” My mother says as she looks over at my dad. “Or who he thinks he is. He might just think he is dad’s son. He might not really be him.” Grace says. My dad cannot take his eyes off the TV which is paused on his face. “He is mine.” My dad says without a doubt. “So now that we know who he is we just have to send a note back and we get Percy right?” Grace asks. “Why would he do all this now??” I ask wonder why he waited so many years after my coma. “Do we really think he is just going to give us Percy just like that? He planned this for a long time. I think there is more to this.” Grace says. “I think that you need to figure out his name” Enrique says. We all look at him; it is like we all just forgot he was here. “Why do we let him live again???”  My mother says to my dad. “Because he got us this footage and he is the one with the idea to find out his name. Honestly why do we let you live?” I say to her as I stand in front of Enrique. My mother looks at me. “How much do you know about us?” My dad asks Enrique. “Nothing besides the kidnapping” I say. “I know everything. I have since I was a kid” Enrique says. I hit him on the shoulder. “Why haven’t you ever told anyone or turned us in?” My dad asks him. “Why would I?” Enrique askes back. “You’re not scared of what we do?” My dad asks. “No, I think it’s interesting and the fact that you do it as a family so no one feels left out.” My dad seems to be eating up what Enrique is spitting out. “You’re willing to do anything to help us find Percy????” Enrique moves me to the side and shakes my dad’s hand. “Anything.”
                My mother stands over me as I write my note to our long-lost brother. I still can’t help but wonder why now. What made him take Percy now? He knew where we were all these years why not just show up. I didn’t remember him, so he wouldn’t have had to worry about me telling about him causing my coma. Something about all of this just isn’t sitting right with me.  “I am still not convinced that he is yours.” Grace says to my dad. “She is right sweetheart the likely hood of us ending up in the same state as him let alone the same city is highly unlikely.” My mother says to my dad. “Wait what do you mean?” I ask my mother. “Well you know me and your dad are not from here. That’s why grandma has to take a plane to visit us.” My mother is so condescending. “Actually, it wouldn’t be that unlikely.” My dad says as he finally breaks eye contact with the TV. “I mean dad really the statistics.” Grace says to my dad. “I moved us here because I found out he was adopted here. But that was all I could find out since it was a closed adoption” my dad says. My mother looks like she is going to kill him. “You moved us here for him?? You never once said anything about him.”  I can tell my mother is angry. “I wasn’t sure if I would ever even find him. So, I thought it was best not to it bring up.” My dad says. “First you do this without telling me and then you send Hope away. All for what??? For your blood children! He took Percy and is holding him and Hope hostage. Since you have been making all the decision without me it’s time for me to make one. When we find him he gets executed!”  My mother is serious we can all tell. She is going to kill him weather my dad likes it or not. “He hasn’t done anything to hurt Percy and he is our older brother. I don’t think we should kill him.” Grace says. “He has done things to hurt Hope. So I am with mother on this one.” I can’t believe I am agreeing with my mother but I am. “Hope is your blood only. I don’t think it’s fair to deny all of us our right to know him.” Grace says to me. “Excuse you Hope is my mom. He is some messed up guy who thinks he is our brother, like you said he might not be. Plus he took Percy we don’t know he has done nothing to hurt him.” I say back to her. “I am just saying if he is our brother I would like a chance to get to know him.” Grace says. “I say we kill him.” I say back. “This is not up for a vote he is getting executed.” My mother says. “Your right it’s not up for a vote because no one is killing my son. If we find out he is not my son, then fair game.” My dad says to all of us. I look at my mother knowing this isn’t going to end well. My parents almost never disagree on anything. “Even if he is your son he needs to pay for what he did. So you can say whatever you like but he is going to be executed by my hand. So you need to make a choice on who is more important to you. Your whole family or a long-lost son of yours!” My mother says as she leaves the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment