Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 38

We start at our first school and are standing at the entrance of our elementary school a place I have little to no memories of. “Where would we even start looking?” Grace asks me. This doesn’t feel right there should be some kind of a sign. So far it seems like he is very straight forward. “This can’t be it. It can’t be here. She only knew me as the way I am now so for him to have met Hope it had to be after the accident.” I tell Grace. “So, we should go to our middle school.”  Grace says as we turn around. We get in the car and head toward our middle school not sure what we will find. I hope this is now the right place. As we drive up there is a big welcome sign. I think this is the right place. “Are you ready?” Grace says.  “Nope but we have to get Percy back so let’s do this.” I get out and walk up to the welcome sign.  There is an envelope taped to a Tetherball hanging down from the sign. “Your turn” Grace says as she rips it off and hands it to me. I open the envelope to see pictures with a letter inside. The pictures are of Hope watching me.  It looks like my first day of middle school. She lied and had been watching me the whole time. I’m not mad that she was watching over me just confused on why she wouldn’t tell me. I open the letter. “Cahira this one is for you again. I used to follow you guys to school to make sure you got there safe. After almost killing you I worried, plus I wanted another chance to get introduced to the family. This is where I met your real mother Hope. She was so beautiful and very young. I followed her back to her place in town. Yes, she has a place here in town. She rented an apartment to be close to you just in case you ever needed her. Once I figure out what she did for work things got complicated. I thought she could help me control my urge to kill. She really did her best. I didn’t mean to scare her by asking about you. I just wanted to be closer to her. She really did over react you see I am just misunderstood much like Grace and dad. I know you guys thought the worst of me when you started on this journey. So, I thank you for sticking to it. Just one more stop, and you will get Percy back. All you must find is Hope’s apartment and there will be the address and the rest of the answers. See you soon sisters.”

                Grace throws her arms in the air. “Oh, let’s just find where Hope lives. That is going to be easy!” Grace says. “No it won’t but it can’t be as hard as we are making it.”  I start to look around the school at all the houses. I know she didn’t live in a house, it would have to be an apartment and I have a feeling it has to be close to here for her to watch over me. I see an apartment building a little ways down the road. “Come on” I tell Grace as I start to walk over there. “You think she lived in those apartments?” Grace asks me as she follows me. “I can almost guarantee it.” I walk up to the apartment building. What would be the fastest way to find her apartment? I stand and look at the rows of buildings. “Mail boxes?”  Grace says to me as she walks off to the giant row of iron boxes. “What about them?” I ask her. “They should have names on them. That’s how we will know if she lives here.” Grace says as she starts to look at the names on each box. “That’s brilliant but we don’t know her last name. We only know her by Hope and I am sure that more than one Hope has to live here.” I tell Grace. “Okay that might be. But I just have a feeling like we will know which one is hers.” Grace says. “Okay I’ll go to the next row of apartment and look at those mailboxes.” I tell Grace as I head down the next row. This is going to be time consuming. I start to look at the boxes. “You know stealing mail is a federal offence.” I hear from behind me. I turn around to see a lady holding a cat in her arms. How cliché is that. “I am not stealing mail so I think I’ll be fine.” I tell her as I turn back around to finish looking at the names. “Then what are you doing?” She asks me. You know what I never understood about movies is why no one ever uses the noise neighbor to their advantage. “Are you the manager of these apartments?” I ask her. “No I am not but I know everything that happens here. More than that lazy grafter they call an apartment manager.” She says. Yup she is going to be the one to help me. “Maybe you can help me then. My mother lives here and I wrote down the apartment number on a napkin and I lost it. I have been trying to call her to see what number she lives in but she left her phone at work. So I was looking at the mail boxes to see if I could find her name.” I try to sound as sweet as possible but this would be something Grace would be much better at. “Who is your mother?” she asks me. “She goes by Hope. She is very young with long dark hair and olive skin.” I am not sure if that is a good enough description of Hope. “Cahira?” She asks me. “Yes! That’s me, you know my mom?” The lady nods yes. “I know Hope. She told me one day you might come to look for her and since I am the welcome wagon around here, she had no doubt I would be the one to find you.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment