Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game night Page 61


We all just look at Frankie. “I don’t trust you, so I am going to take your sister here with me up to the roof to make sure that Hope is really there.” Frankie says as he grabs me. “You’re not taking my daughter Frankie!” My mother says to him. “Rose you really have no says here. Plus I think there is something about this one that you are hiding from me. So until I get Hope back I am going to keep her close.” He says as he hugs me tight. Frankie puts a gun to my head and I can’t help but laugh. “You think this is funny?” He asks me. “You’re not going to use the gun, you’re too curious about me to kill me. I just don’t get your fascination with me. I am no different from my sister and brother but you seem to be drawn to me.” I tell him as he puts the gun away. “You have eyes I have seen before.” He tells me. “You wish.” I tell him back. He laughs at me. “No matter how drawn I am to you, if I don’t get my Hope back I will kill you to prove a point. Do you understand me?” He asks. I look him in the eyes and nod yes.
            We slowly make our way through the warehouse to the stairs that lead to the roof. “Have you ever met Hope?” Frankie asks me. “Just recently. She came to help my parents find my little brother. He was kidnapped by my deranged older brother that you just met.” I keep walking. “You see that is where I can’t help but scratch my head.  Why would Hope come to help your parents when they casted her out? That is the part I don’t get.” We keep walking. “I am sorry I don’t know this story. I met Hope only when she showed up.  My parents never really explained who she was to them.” I tell him hoping to hear what he knows. “Well your parents and Hope were in love according to Hope, so much so she left everything she knew to be with them. She got pregnant with your father’s baby.” He stops talking and looks at me to see my response. “Really? What happened to the baby?” I ask. “She had a stillborn; the baby was dead in her stomach. After the baby boy was lost they casted her out. She wasn’t as much fun, so they kicked her out. That was why she never saw them again. That is what she told me.” Frankie says. “Well seeing as I am my parent’s child you can understand why they wouldn’t tell me that story.” I say as we walk up the door to the roof. “Here we are.” I say as I stop in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment