Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game night page 62

  We go to open the door. “You better pray that Hope is on the other side of this door.” Frankie says to me. He has no idea how much I’m praying for her to be on the other side. Frankie opens the door and pushes me through. I look around the roof and I don’t see Hope. I see a lot of AC units but no Hope. I am starting to get a little scared that I am never going to see my mom again. I put my head down. “She has to be hidden somewhere up here.” Frankie says to me. I turn to look at him. “Hidden? Where?” I ask him. “Yes hidden. He wouldn’t leave her out in the sun, plus he wouldn’t risk someone finding her on accident. So he hid her. That’s what I would do.”  Frankie says.
            I look around and I don’t see where he would hide her. I look back at Frankie as he is looking around. I want to walk around the roof but Frankie has a good grip on my arm. “I say we walk around and see where he would hide her.” I tell Frankie. “If you run I’ll shoot you.”  He says as he lets me go. “I won’t run I promise. I just want to help you find her.” I start to walk off to look at the lined up AC units.
            Why is this roof so big but nothing is up here. I walk through the rows of AC units. I hate the humming sound they make. I can’t stand how loud the humming sound is. I feel like my brain is humming. I keep walking through the rows and the humming stops. I stop and sit next to the AC unit making no sounds. Finally a moment of peace, I felt like my brain was rattling in my skull.  Why is this AC unit not on? All of the other AC units are on. So why not this one? I start to circle it when I notice that this AC is a lot cleaner than the other AC units up here. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment