Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 63

      I tap on the AC when I notice a lock on it. There isn’t a lock on any of the other ACs.  Something inside taps back. “FRANKIE!” I scream. I think Hope might be in here. Frankie runs over. I just point at the AC and he walks around the unit. He starts tapping on the AC unit. The unit once again taps back. Frankie smiles as he starts taping rhythmically on the AC unit. The AC unit seems to be taping back rhythmically. “It’s her! She is in there.” Frankie says to me. “That’s great but how do we get her out?” I ask him.

            Frankie looks at the fake AC unit puzzled. “I would say just rip into it but we don’t know how she is tied up in there and I am afraid to hurt her.” Frankie says. “You really care about her?” I ask him. “Have you ever had a pet before?” I look at him confused by his question. “Yes I did for a bit but my mother made me kill it.” I tell him. “Well then you will never understand what I feel for her. I could never hurt her. She is mine to protect.” He talks about her as if she is more of an object then a person.

            Frankie is tapping as he walks around the AC. I can hear in the distance gun shots. “We are out of time!” Frankie says to me as he starts kicking the AC unit wall. “Hope if you’re in there duck!” Frankie is yelling as he keeps kicking. I hear the fake AC unit breaking. Frankie starts to pull the now broken AC unit apart. The gun shot sounds seem to being getting closer. Frankie is pulling pieces of the AC unit away and I see hair. “HOPE!?” We both yell.

No comments:

Post a Comment