Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 24


                I would like all of you to sit down for this.” My dad says as he leads us all to the living room. “Maybe if I tell my secret faster Percy will come home sooner” my dad says. “What is your secret? Because I am looking at these objects and I am not sure what it could be.” My mother says as she looks at the plane and bassinet. “Rose, I love you more than I have ever loved anyone or thing in this world. I felt completely alone before I met you. I want you to know that.” My dad sounds panicked. Hope holds my hand tightly. “What did you do?” My mother says to my dad. “I sent Hope away all those years ago.” My dad says. This is why she left, my dad made her. “WHY?” I ask. “Yes, why would you do that?” My mother says after me. “I did it for us and the kids.” My dad explains. Hope’s grip on my hand still remains tight. “The kids were fine with all of us so why did you send her away from us? Why would you break up our family?” My mother’s eyes fill with tears. “I was afraid if I didn’t you were going to kill Cahira.” My dad says and then looks back at me. Did he just say he was afraid my mother was going to kill me? No wonder I always wanted to kill her as a child. “Hope changed after having Cahira, all her attention went to her and I saw your jealously. I saw the way you looked at Cahira and treated her. I didn’t want our girls to grow up divided.”  I now get why Hope has been so protective over me from the second she walked in here. I look at Hope. “You left me with her knowing she wanted to hurt me?” I pull away from Hope. “She wouldn’t hurt you if I left. She would cherish you because you were the only part of me she had.” Hope says as she reaches out for my hand. “You sent her away for her!” My mother says as if I am a monster.

                My mother has been screaming at my dad for what feels like forever now. “This was not your choice to make!” She says. “I was just doing what I thought was best.” My dad says. Hope sits as close as she can to me. “You were not thinking of me at all just your precious daughter!” My mother says like I am not sitting right here. “You know what you don’t have to worry I am not your daughter!” I stand up and yell at Rose. “No you’re not and he is right I thought of killing you all the time!” She screams at me. “Good I use to dream of killing you to!” I scream back. “Enough!” Hope says as she pulls me behind her. “This is my daughter you are speaking to. I cannot believe that I left her here with you. I love you Rose but this is not okay. Little warrior go get your stuff we are leaving.” Hope says to me. I stop in my tracks and so does my mother Rose. “What did you just say?” Rose asks. “I am taking my little warrior. I thought it was best for her to be here but now I see it was not. How could you want to kill her when she resembles me so much?” Hope start to sound angry. “I never hurt her. I did cherish her. She was perfect Hope, you have no idea. Before the coma she was the daughter I always dreamed of but no matter how much I loved her she always despised me. Even more so after the coma.” I hate to say it but Rose isn’t lying I have always despised her. “Your thoughts of killing her for even a second that is where you lost me Rose.” Hope tells her. “You can’t take her she is still my daughter I was just mad but someone has already taken my baby boy. I can’t lose Cahira to. This is her home and what kind of life would she have with you Hope?” Hope listens to her and just stands there. I can tell Hope didn’t think this threw. She just wants to protect me. “You can’t take my sister!” Grace says. “We all need to calm down. A lot has been said here today. We are losing focus of what is important. Getting Percy back needs to be our goal."  I always knew my dad loved me but in this moment,  I am realizing how much. He sent Hope away to protect me. I don’t know what to think about anyone in this room right now. I look at Grace who has fear written all over her face. I know she thinks I would leave with Hope and never look back, but I don’t know what I would do. I know before I can make any choices I need Percy back. “Dad is right all of this is what he wants. For us to fight and turn on each other and forget he has Percy.” I say. “Cahira I am….” My mother or Rose still debating what to call her tries to say. I think she is trying to say sorry, but the words are just not coming out. “No, you’re not. You would have killed me to keep Hope to yourself. But I don’t how mad I am because I think I would of killed you to for the same reasons.” I smile at her. “It’s been a long day let’s all get some rest.” My dad says. We all head up to our room. I lie down and instantly fall asleep. “Cahira I need you to listen to me.” Hope says. I open my eyes and it is the middle of the night. “This locket is mine and I left it at one of my many apartments. I think I know how to find Percy but I have to go alone. Maybe if I bring back Percy you will want to come with me.” Hope whispers in my ear. She kisses my forehead and takes off with her bags in hand.    

2 comments:

  1. Lovely little excerpt.

    I wish this was easier on the eyes, though. No paragraphs and purple on a dark background was pretty tough to read.

    Damyanti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it to a lighter color. i hope this is better on your eyes :) Thank you for the feed back.

      Delete