Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Series Wednesday: Family Game night Page 26

I sit here just listening and trying to remember anything from that day. Enrique knew I’m a killer all these years. I can’t believe I would do that. I was a completely different person before the coma. “Why didn’t you ever say anything until now?” I ask him. “Grace said you had no memory of that day or most days from back then. She cornered me when I started freshmen year and told me to never bring up that day. So I didn’t, I owned you my life.” I stand up and now wonder what he knows about Grace. “You said you help Grace stalk the families. Why?” Enrique sits on my window seal. “Well she pays me for one and also I think she knows she can trust me not to tell that she has been killing whole families. I am not sure why and it’s not really my business.” He knows Grace is killing these people. He knows too much. Why would Grace put herself in this position? “Grace wouldn’t hurt a fly.” I tell him trying to throw him off. “Yeah like your parent right?” I stand back. “Grace told me about family game night.” I stop breathing. He knows everything. My parents are going to kill her and him. “Don’t worry I would never do anything to hurt you guys.” Enrique tries to reassure me. “Family Game night?? I am sorry I am not sure what Grace told you. But I am sure she was just messing with you.” Enrique looks at me. “Maybe she was but she was on one when she told me. People tend to tell the truth when they are high.” Do I know anything about Grace?? Enrique seems to know way more about her then I ever could. “I am sorry Cahira I think we are getting off on the wrong foot. I came here to see if I could help you. Not to freak you out in any kind of way with what I know or don’t know.” I wonder if Grace trusts him because they are some kind of thing. “Are you like Grace’s boyfriend?” I ask him. He laughs at my question. “Definitely not! I only have eyes for one girl.” Enrique starts to look at me funny.
                Enrique says he is here to help. I wonder if he could. “How did you get here?” I ask him. “I used my motorcycle. Why?” I know if I am going to use his help I can’t talk about it in the house. “I have been cooped up in here for days. I really need to get some air. Know of any good places to just get away?” Enrique smiles. “I could think of a few places.” He opens my window and shows me how he climbed up so I can climb down. I hop on the back of his bike. “Make sure to hold on tight I wouldn’t want you to fall off.” He says to me. “Yeah I am sure that’s why you want me to hold on tight.” I respond. He starts the bike and we take off. I didn’t tell anyone where I was going so if the kidnapper is listening not even he will know.  I hold on to Enrique the typical bad boy. It’s strange the little boy I remember in the front yard bleeding wasn’t much of a bad boy. I remember he was sweet to me. Maybe that’s why I helped him. Who knows at this point? Enrique stops at the lake. It’s actually really pretty here. “How is this for fresh air?” He says to me as I look around. “I couldn’t talk in the house it is bugged by whoever took Percy.” I tell him. Enrique looks at the lake. “How can I help?” He says as he looks at me. “I need something that can jam the signal of the bug. So I can figure out if they are just listening to us or can see us as well.” I hope that he can help me with this so I have a better idea of things. “You need a jammer. That’s not easy to come by but I know a guy I could possible steal one from.” He says as he pulls out his phone. “I also need a bug detector to see where the bugs are in our house. So I know where we can talk freely.” I know I am asking him for a lot but for some reason I have a feeling like he will come through for me. “Yeah I can get one of those to, anything else you might need?” I am not sure what else I would need besides that. “I don’t think so but if you can think of anything else that I might need.”  Enrique smiles, “Maybe a break from all this?” He suggested. “I need to figure out who has Percy and I need to get back to the house.” Enrique looks slightly disappointed. “Okay, I’ll drop you off back at home and I’ll go get the stuff. It will take me a few hours.” I nod. “So just leave your window open and once I get the stuff I’ll just let myself in.”  I look Enrique up and down. “Okay I’ll leave my window open.” I tell him as I get on the back of the bike. He smiles as he gets on in front of me. We start the ride back to my house. All I can think about is Hope. I wonder if she is somehow helping get Percy. Maybe she already has Percy, which could be why a new box hasn’t appeared yet. I wish I had answers and not just questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment