Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game night page 49

         Grace and little Hope are covered in blood. Both walk around the bloody bodies on the floor making sure every one of them is dead. Little Hope kicking each body in the head to ensure they are not faking and Grace stabbing the bodies randomly. I still can’t believe what I just watched. The two of them were like killing machines, so fast and efficiently. These poor people didn’t stand a chance. I still don’t get it. Why have us talk to these people if he was just going to have Grace kill all of them. “Everyone is dead.” Grace says so proudly. “Don’t sound so happy about it.” I tell her. “Hey I am willing to do what it takes to get Percy back. Can you say the same?” Grace says to me. “Being a ruthless murder is not some kind of sacrifice for you.” I tell her back. “Whatever Cahira, tell someone who cares what you think. I just want my brother back.” She says to me. “So what now?” I ask little Hope. “Follow me with the three keys.” Little Hope starts to walk through the warehouse. I look at Grace as we start to follow her. “She is like us.” Grace whispers to me. “Like you.” I tell Grace back. “Wrong, you were the stone cold killer when you were here age, not me.” Grace says to me. Little Hope stops at a gate with a pad lock on it. “First Key” she says to us pointing at the lock.  We unlock the gate and little Hope walks through first.
                “This warehouse is a lot bigger than it looks on the outside.” I tell Grace. “Yeah I know I have always thought that to. I also always wondered why that church threw its fundraisers here.” That is a question I never really thought about. We follow little Hope up these stairs to an office. This must be where Percy is being held. Little Hope stops at the front door. “Second key” she says as she sticks her hand out. We walk in an office and little Hope stops. “I have done what you asked; please give me my father back.” Little Hope yells up. “Wait Daniel isn’t your father?” Grace asks. “Daniel?” I ask her. “That is the only name we have to really go by.” Grace says to me. “No, Daniel isn’t my father and my name isn’t even Hope. I did what I was told to pay off my father’s gambling debt.” Not little Hope says. I don’t get what was the point of her showing us the way. I hear a sound like something unlocked. Grace and I look around and see a closet door off to the side has opened. A man comes running out of the closet and little not Hope runs to him. “Good Lucky!” Little not Hope says as her, what I am assuming is her father grabs her and runs out of the door. “Would it be bad if I say I kind of hope she gets an arrow on her way out?” Grace asks me. “Yes, that’s bad.” I tell Grace. “Well she was kind of a brat. So if she dies I am sure she will not be missed.” Grace says with a smile. “Still wrong Grace she is a child. She just did what she had to for her family.” I tell her as she rolls her eyes at me. “So I guess that door leads to Percy.” Grace says pointing at the only other door in the office. We walk up to the door and Grace sticks the key in. We open the door to a dark room. I walk in and look for a light switch. I touch the walls until I finally find the switch. “Percy!” Grace screams. I can’t help but just stop moving. I am not sure what to think. What am I even looking at?

No comments:

Post a Comment