Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game night page 50

Percy is just laying on a bed, he is not moving. “Is he dead?” I ask Grace. “No, look at the IV bag. He is on some kind of sleep drug.” Grace is moving her body around to find where the IV is connected. “The IV isn’t connected.” Grace says holding up the unconnected IV line. I hear my cellphone ring. I pull it out of my pocket and see on the caller ID that the call is coming from an unknown number.  “Answer it.” Grace tells me. “Hello?” I say as I answer. “Hello little sister.” It is him, my big brother. “What did you do to Percy?” I ask him. “He is fine. I had him on an IV that was keeping him in a medical induce coma. I took it out before you found him. He will be waking up in a bit. I didn’t hurt him, he is after all my little brother. Now that we got that out the way, I want you three to decide if we are all going home as siblings after this or am I going to meet our dad on my own.  Don’t answer right now I’ll let you talk it over and get back to me.” I look at Grace who is just staring at me. “Where is my mom?” I ask him. “Don’t worry about her right now. You should be taking care of Percy. I am sure he will have a lot to tell you once he wakes up.” He hangs up on me. I throw my phone across the room and start screaming.
                I calm down and look at Grace who is shaking her head. “Who was it on the phone?” She asks me. “Who do you think?” I tell her. “What did he say about Percy?” She looks back at Percy who is still asleep. “He is in a medical induce coma and he is the one who took him off the IV. Percy should be waking up in a while. Also our screw loose older brother wants to know if we are going to go home as siblings or not?” I explain to Grace. “Is he nuts?” Grace asks me. “No he is a genius. What would dad and your mother respect more than this? He wants them to except him as family and our parents love psychotic crap like this.” I sink to the floor. “You know mom will never take him in to our family. Although this was all pretty impressive, if you really think about it. He took our little brother and mom will never let that fly.” Grace says. “We have Percy back and that’s all what really matters. We need to start coming up with a plan to get you guys home.” I tell her as I look at the open door. “What do you mean get us home? We are all going home after this.” She says. “He has my mom, I can’t just go home. I need to find her and make sure she is okay.” Grace walks over to me. “Cahira we need you, forget about your dead beat mom.” I push Grace. “Don’t start with me right now Grace. I will make sure you guys get out okay and then I am going to find my mom. I know you want us to get Percy and go home like everything is great, but Grace everything is changing. We have an older brother who wants to be a part of our lives whether we want him to or not. Plus Grace I can’t go back to just acting like she is my mother. All my life I have known something was wrong and now I know what it is. I just want my mom to be a part of my life.” I know this is going to hurt Grace’s feelings but she has to start understanding that everything in our lives is about to change. I can see on Grace’s face that she is gearing up to say something to me but she stops. “Do you hear that?” She asks me. I get quiet and hear a loud ticking and it seems to be getting louder. “What is that?” I ask her. She looks around. The doors slams shut on us and locks. What is happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment