Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 51

    The door is locked and Grace is trying to break it down. “We are trapped!” She tells me. “Of course we are.” I tell her back as I look at Percy, he looks just as he did when he was a baby. I stick close to him and brush his hair with my fingers. “I need your help getting us out of here!” Grace says to me. “When he wakes up, the door will unlock. He is just locking us in here so we are forced to make a choice if we are going to allow him into our family.” I tell her back. “So let’s talk about it. Are we going to side with him?” Grace asks me.  I turn to look at her. “Side with him? I thought we already knew where we stood. Our parents will never welcome him with open arms. Well at least mother wouldn’t.” I turn back to Percy. “Don’t you think we should make our own decisions on how we feel about him?” Grace says as she sits against the wall across from me. “You want us to make our own decision? You really? You’re really willing to fight with our parents.” I ask her. “He is our brother, so how we feel about him should be our choice.” Grace has a point.

                We sit here just watching Percy sleep. “I think we should each make our own choices about him.” I tell Grace. “Why do you say that?” She asks me. “He still has my mom, so if I have to kill him to get her back I would. With that being said I feel like you should make your own choice when it comes to him.” I just want my mom back and as much as I am against killing, I will do what I have to for Hope. “I think we should make our choice about him together. Mom and dad have always had us competing with one another. For once I would like us to be on the same side. If you have to kill him I will stand beside you.” Grace says. This is the first time in a long time I have my sister standing by my side. “What do you really want Grace? Do you want us to just except him as our big brother? Setting my mom Hope aside and him keeping her captive.” I ask Grace, wanting to know what she wants. “I wouldn’t just write him off. It’s super hard to go through the world alone with the type of urges we have. I don’t think him learning how to control it from mom and dad isn’t the worst thing.” Grace says it like her urges are to dance not like she is out there killing people. “Grace no one is better off with dad and mother’s teachings.  No one should kill for fun; killing should only be for survival. I wish you didn’t down play being a murder by calling it an urge.” I am not trying to be mean to Grace, I just don’t agree with her. “Cahira don’t act like you weren’t just like us. Before your stupid accident you were a murder. You also didn’t do anything to stop us, so how are you any different?” I look at Grace and know she is right. I should have stopped them and yes before I was a murder but I don’t really remember that. “You’re my sister stopping them meant hurting you and Percy and that was something I couldn’t live with. It doesn’t mean that someday I won’t stop you. It just means not yet.”  I have never said this out loud. I guess I always did plan on stopping them. “I don’t think you will ever stop us, especially if Percy joins us. If you turn us in or kill us you will be all alone. Have you ever thought of that?” Grace asks me. “Of course I have.” I take a breath to think of what I am going to say next. Percy makes a noise like he is waking up. “Percy!” We both say as we turn to him.    

No comments:

Post a Comment