Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 52

 “Percy its Grace open your eyes.” Grace says as Percy slowly opens his eyes. I can’t hold back my tears. “Cahira don’t cry I am okay.” Percy says to me. “Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” Grace asks him. Percy’s slowly sitting up. “No he didn’t hurt me. He just wanted to get to know me.”  Percy seems just as confused as we are. “So he wasn’t mean to you in any way?” I ask. “Mean no, just kind of intense. He asked me a lot of questions about myself. He just wants to be a big brother to us.” Percy says confused. “So Percy do you think we should let him come home with us?” I ask Percy.

            Percy and Grace just sit looking at the floor. We aren’t talking about what we are going to do. “So are you going to answer me?”  I ask Percy. “No, I can’t answer that.” Percy says. “Why not?” Grace asks. “Because I know something about Cahira’s mother Hope that might change her mind on letting him be our big brother.” Percy won’t even look at me. Grace is the exact opposite she can’t take her eyes off me. “Percy what do you know?” Percy is sitting on the edge of the bed. I walk over to him and pick up his face for him to look at me. “He killed or is going to kill Hope.” Percy has tears in his eyes. “How did you know about Hope? Did he tell you?” I ask Percy since we only found out about Hope because Percy was kidnapped. He has been here the whole time so how did he find out. “She was here with me. She told me who she was and how she wanted to get back to you.” Percy puts his head back down. “She was here?” I ask. Can’t believe he got to meet my mom. “Yea she was here but he took her away. She told me to tell you she loved you little warrior and that she would be okay.” I am not sure what to do now. Hope could be dead but I need her. “Why do you think she is dead?” I ask Percy. “I don’t know if she is dead yet. But I just have a feeling like he is going to kill her.”  Percy says. I need to figure out what happened to Hope. I need to get out of this room. “We need to get out of here.” I tell Grace. “Of course we do.” Grace says. “He won’t let us out until we make our decision.” Percy says. “So let’s make our decision and get out of here.” Grace says.

No comments:

Post a Comment