Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 54

We all stand here looking at our older brother. I pull out Grace’s gun and point it at him. “This is not the way I planned on this going” he says. “Where is she?” I ask him. “She is hanging around here somewhere. How about we make a deal?” He says. “How can we make a deal with a nameless person?” Grace says. “That’s  an easy answer, you can just have to ask for my name.” He says back to Grace. “Do you have just one name?” I ask. “Now you’re asking the right questions.” He says to me. “What would you like us to call you?” Percy asks.  “You can call me Daniel if you would like. It was my name the longest.” He says. “Okay Daniel, what is the deal you want to make?” I ask him. He smiles as he walks out of the room and starts to head down the stairs. I roll my eyes and follow him. He does love the dramatics doesn’t he?
            We all follow him down the stairs and through the warehouse. He leads us back where Grace and whatever that little girl’s name was who killed everyone. All the bodies are gone. He must have cleaned everything. How long were we in that room for? “So what is the deal Daniel?” I ask him as I stop walking. “Grace did all the work to get Percy back. Cutting into people and killing them. I think if you want your mom back so badly I want to see you slice someone open and kill them.”  Daniel says to me. I point it at his head. “How about I just blow your brains out and just search the warehouse for my mom without you.” I tell him. “You could but did I say she was in this warehouse? Maybe I meant the one in New York or London.”  I look back at Percy who is standing behind me. “How many days ago did he take Hope away?” I ask Percy. “It’s hard to tell time in the room but I would say a few.” I look back at Daniel. “You want me to kill someone. That’s it? Why?” I ask him. “I just want to see if you have it in you. The first time I met you it seemed like you would kill anyone for no reason at all. Plus let’s just call it a life for a life. What if I promise to make it a good one?” I turn to talk to Grace. “I don’t want to take a life.” I whisper in her ear. “I will help you. You’re just going to have to do the torching part. You use to love this maybe you will again.” Grace says. “I don’t think so. But promise me I won’t have to take a life.” I whisper back to her. “I promise.” She says.
            I turn back to Daniel. “You are a real son of a….” I start to say. “Hey now let’s be nice, I lost my mother, much like you I had no idea who she was. You want a chance to know yours. I’m willing to give you that chance.” He says it like he is doing me some kind of favor. “What did you mean you promise to make it a good one?” I ask him. “So you agree to kill someone after you cut them up for a little while?” He asks me. “No I agree to do what I have to in order to get my mom back.” I tell him. He claps his hand and guys roll in a person strapped to a table with a sack over their head. “So you promise to do whatever it takes to get your mom back right?” He says. I look at the figure and it looks like a women’s body. “If that is my mom you’re trying to make me kill, I promise to end your life.” I point the gun back at his head. He laughs. “Oh no I would never do that. I am sorry I didn’t even realize how it looked until right now.” He says so light hearted. “Okay fine ill do what I have to.” I stop pointing the gun at him. He smiles and pulls the sack off her head. “NO!” Grace screams.

No comments:

Post a Comment