Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family game night Page 55

     “One mothers life for another.” Daniel tells me. It’s my mother he has strapped to this table. “Why!?” I ask him. “It’s simple I needed someone Grace wouldn’t help you kill. Plus I don’t think she will ever welcome me into the family. So I thought how poetic that you kill your mother Rose to get your mother Hope. One life for another” Daniel smiles. “You are truly evil aren’t you?” I say as I take a step back. “She will never really accept us. She isn’t our mother and is the only thing standing in the way of having a great relationship with our dad.” Daniel is trying to get me to be on his side. “What happens if Cahira doesn’t kill our mom?” Percy asks. “I will kill Hope.” Daniel says as he rolls my mother closer to me. Percy grabs my hand and holds it. “Daniel can we make another deal? Is there something else we can give you in exchange?” Percy is trying to reason with him. I don’t think Daniel is the reasoning type. I can see Daniel thinking it over. “Aww my dear little brother Percy, don’t you see I just want to be part of your family with you. She will never allow that. We have to get rid of her. Plus we need to make you “ stronger and maybe losing her will allow your heart to harden.” Daniel says. Grace is being strangely quiet. “I don’t want to lose my mom.” Percy says so sadly.
            “You really are an idiot.” Grace says to Daniel. “Excuse me?” He says back to her. “YOU ARE AN IDIOT!” She says louder. “How do you figure that?” Daniel says back. “Dad will never forgive you or accept if you kill his other half. He will hunt you down like a dog. When honestly she would love you more than he ever would. She would admire all you have done, even this moment right now. Look at her she is smiling.” Grace says as she points to our mother. Daniel looks back at her. “She will never accept me. She told me so.” Daniel says. “Does it have to be Cahira to kill her? Or can I kill her and you still give Cahira her mother back?” Grace asks. “WHAT?” Percy and I can’t help but yell. “She will never see me, especially now that he is here. She will fall in love with him and his inventive murdering ways. I once again will be thrown to the side. Percy if anything I am doing you a favor to. Once mom and dad have their perfect killing machine son, they will never look at you again.” Grace says as she steps forward. “Well this took a turn I didn’t plan on.” Daniel says as he looks at Grace. “Grace are you crazy? You cannot kill mom. She loves us in her own way. I know it often feels like she should love us way more but she does love us.” Percy says to her. “No Percy I am just sick of living in perfect Cahira shadow and she hasn’t even been that person for years. Now that he is here, well he will just be another shadow I will have to live in. No I want to put a stop to it now!” Grace says. “So Daniel are you going to let me kill her or what?” Grace asks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment