Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 53

             “I can’t make a decision until I know that my mom Hope is okay.” I explain to Percy and Grace. “I will accept him as our older brother.” Grace says. “What really? He kidnapped me.” Percy says. “Yeah I know but with the way our family is I get why he did it.” Grace defends her answer. I sit next to Percy and hug him. “Grace is playing it smart.” I whisper into Percy’s ear. He gets what Grace and I are doing. We are going to say what we need to get out of here. I have known Grace long enough to know when she is lying. Percy looks at Grace. “Okay Grace convince me.” Percy says. That’s my little brother catching on. “Well think about it if dad has him he won’t push you to decide if you want to be a killer. He will be so focused on his new son; you can slide under the radar.” Grace tells Percy. “Yeah that makes sense. I guess we are kind of better off letting him into our family. He didn’t hurt me at all; he was very humane to me. So my vote is yes.” We all nod in agreement. The door unlocks. “Let’s go before he changes his mind.” I say as I run to the unlocked door.
            Grace and I peak our heads out the door to see if our big brother might be waiting for us. “Coast is clear. Let’s go.” I tell Percy. We all walk out into the waiting room we were in with little Hope before. “You two go home and I am going to find Hope.” I tell Percy and Grace. “Not happening. We are going to help you find Hope.” Percy says. “I am not even sure if she is still here. I have no idea where she is?” I tell them, I realize I don’t even have a starting point. “Let’s search the rest of the warehouse and see if she is still here.”  Grace says. “Thanks you guys. You have no idea how much it means to me to have you both by my side.” I tell them. “Of course we might not always agree but we are family.” Grace says. I smile as I hug Grace and Percy. It means everything that even though Grace hates the fact that I want to know my mother she still wants to help me. “So let’s get going.” Percy says. “Missing your room?” I ask Percy. “No, oddly I am kind of happy this happened when it did. I needed some time to think.” Percy says. “Have you decided where you stand on killing yet?” Grace asks Percy. “I think that we should focus on finding Cahira’s mom Hope.” Percy responds as he walks to the door. He opens the door and there he is. “Or you can just ask me where she is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment