Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 56

      Daniel is thinking and looking at Grace. “I mean I really wanted Cahira to kill her, you know deeper meaning and all. But you killing her is just as poetic.” Daniel says. “Grace you can’t be serious right now.” I stand in front of her letting go of Percy’s hand. “Cahira I know you don’t get it. But maybe if she is gone I will feel better. Maybe without her I won’t need to kill.” Grace says. Does she really think that our mother is the reason she needs to kill? “I have a hard time believing that you think killing mother will help you.” I tell her as I look her in the eyes. “You don’t know what it is like for me. Plus Hope seems like she would be more likely to love us all the way we are.” Grace says not blinking. She is serious. “You can’t kill mom!” Percy says.
      “We should vote on it.” I say hoping to buy time while I come up with a plan. “Do I have a say in who kills me?” Our mother says. We all just look over at her. “No, you have no say in who kills you.” Daniel tells her. I look at my mother who raised me and almost feel bad for her. “I think she should have a vote in who kills her.” I say defending her. “I say we don’t kill mom at all.” Percy says as he tries to walk over to our mother. “Oh dear sweet Percy, don’t be silly. I am going to have to die. If it was up to me, you would kill me Percy.” My mother says in her normal psychopathic voice. “You want Percy to kill you!? Are you kidding me?” Grace scream at our mother. “Yes, it is my dying wish.” My mother says in response. “Why Percy?” Daniel asks. This is the question I am sure everyone but me is wondering. “So she can see if he enjoys killing. She wants to be sure that Percy’s killer gene is activated.” I explain. My mother laughs. “Cahira, as much as you wish to be Hope’s you are more my daughter.”
      I am sickened by what my mother has said. “You would say that.” I tell her. “You are the only one here that gets why I want Percy to kill me. I want to ensure he is on the right path before I die.” She says. “Right path? Becoming a monster. You would want to set him on a path of lying and hiding. You want him to become a murder who can never live a normal life.” I yell at her. “I want him to live a life of freedom. Something you will never understand.” She says back to me. “Forget this! I’ll kill her.” I says as I go to grab a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment