Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 58

     “I have the big gun so I ask the questions. How does that sound?” The man says. “Seeing as none of us here are afraid to die, your gun really doesn’t matter.” Grace says as she steps towards him. “I am simply here for my beloved. She was taken so I have tracked her here. I just want to be sure she is safe.” The man says now fixing his eyes on me. I talk from behind Grace. “He is here for Hope” I whisper in her ear. “Who is this love of yours?” Grace asks him as the swat team slowly surrounds us. “Hope, I am looking for Hope and she was last seen being dragged into this warehouse.” The man says not even looking at Grace. The man’s eyes are locked on me. “Cahira come here.” My mother says to me, still strapped to the table. Grace turns and looks at me. “We need a plan to get out of here. We can find Hope later or just wait for these nice men to find her. I am sure once she is back with her people she will contact you.” Grace whispers to me.
            I am ignoring my mother’s request for me to go to her. I am staying right next to Grace. “Are we going to kill mother or take her with us?” I ask Grace. “If we don’t have to kill her I say we take her.” Grace says back.  “Sounds good to me” I whisper back to her. “We did not take Hope. He did, we are the ones trying to get her back.” Grace says to the man pointing at Daniel. “I can see that. My question for you is why are you trying to get Hope back? Who is she to you?” The man asks. I look back at Percy and he is gone. The swat men are surrounding Daniel now. I look over at my mother and see Percy unstrapping her from the table. “Because they are my kids Frankie.” My mother says as she walks out in front of us. “Hello there Rose didn’t see you there strapped down.”  Frankie says to my mother. She seems to know him. “Well we were having a little bit of fun. You have the man you want, he is the one that took Hope and is keeping her hostage. So my children and I will be on our way. Tell Hope to give us a ring some time.”
          My mother is trying to grab us all and push us behind her. “Rose, oh sweet Rose.” Frankie says to her. I notice my mother stands right in front of my ensuring that he has to take his eyes off of me. “I don’t feel like you are telling me the whole truth. So I think you and your children are going to need to hang out for a bit until I can sort somethings out.” Frankie says. “What could I possible be lying about Frankie? We have always had a good relationship.” My mother says. Frankie walks right up to my mother. “You’re right we have. But there was a time you hid my Hope from me which left me with many questions on why she did not want to come home.” Frankie says right in my mother’s face. “I was in love with her Frankie I was not hiding her she was simply staying with us for a bit and if I remember correctly we paid you for that time.”  My mother says right back in his face. “Yes you did pay you’re not lying there, I just did not like not knowing for a whole year where my Hope was.” Frankie does not seem to like my mother. “That was her choice Frankie, we paid like we were supposed to and the rest you have to take up with Hope.” My mother is still blocking me. “HOPE DOES NOT HAVE A CHOICE. I OWN HER!” Frankie yells at my mother. I have never seen my mother let anyone speak to her this way; I am starting to fear this man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment