Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night Page 72

      My parents stand there just waiting for me to walk in. “Cahira.” My mother says almost as a whisper. “We weren’t sure if you would ever wake up.” My dad says as he goes to hug me. I feel his arms embrace me. My dad has always had big strong arms that I often felt safe in as a little girl. I am no longer a little girl and his arms did not make me feel safe, it actually makes me feel nothing at all.  I pull back from my dad’s embrace and put on a fake smile. My mother steps towards me with her thick black hair tightly pulled back with metal hair stick. I move away from my dad and walk up to my mother with open arms. She goes to hug me and I pull her sharp metal hair stick out of her bun. I stab her in the leg and as she goes down I whisper in her ear. “I never took you for an idiot, I guess I was wrong.” I tell her.
                “Cahira what are you doing?” My dad says as he pulls me away from my mother. “Out of all the times I went to visit you and spoke to you in your coma that is the one thing you heard and held on to.” My mother says to me. “That’s the only one I heard from you.” I tell her with a smile on my face as she pulls the metal stick out of her leg. My dad pulls me back and looks me in the eyes. “Grace wasn’t kidding, your back.” My dad says as his eyes search mine. I am not sure what he is talking about nor do I care. “How did Percy die?” I ask my dad. He puts his head down and steps away from me.
                “We didn’t see it coming. We saw his dead body, he tricked us.”  Grace says from behind me. “Grace this is not your fault and your also not who I asked the question to.” I tell her without turning around to look at her, no my focus is on my parents. “How did this happen? How did he get close enough to kill PERCY!” I start yelling at my parents. “Don’t take that tone with me!” My mother says as she limps towards me. “Or what mother? What are you going to do!?” I ask her as I step towards her. My dad grabs me and pulls me away from my mother. “Stop it both of you! Now do you want to hear about what happened to Percy or do you want to kill your mom.” My dad says to me. I push him off of me and walk over to the living room that I see off to the side to sit down. “I don’t wish to kill her just yet. That would be boring, so why don’t you tell me what happened to Percy.” I tell my dad as I sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment