Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Series Wednesday: Family Game Night page 73

       My dad makes sure that my mother sits as far from me as possible. “We thought Daniel was dead. There wasn’t any evidence to prove us wrong. Also it had been years since that day, we had all moved on with our lives. Grace was away at college while your mom and I were raising Percy. Percy had really changed a lot after your accident. He was a much stronger person. He had really come into his own.” My dad stops talking and looks over at my mother. “What your father is trying to say is Percy wasn’t the boy you remember.” My mother says as if this has anything to do with how she let him get killed. Both of my parents sit there silently.
                “None of this tells me about the night Percy was murdered. Do you even have the police report?” I ask them.  “Yes we have the police report.” My mother answers as she gets up. “So tell me how you didn’t protect him.” I say to my dad. “He didn’t need protecting because there was not threat, or so we thought. Percy was very social he was always at one event or another. So the dance wasn’t even on our radar.” My dad says as my mother walks back in the room and hand my dad a folder. He looks at it and hands it to me. I open up the folder to see the police report. I start to read through it.
                He didn’t just murder Percy. He tore Percy into pieces. The report states that the kids thought a pipe had busted. The floor was covered in Percy’s blood. When the children noticed the blood the faculty turned on the lights. That is when they started to find pieces of Percy. They found a part of his liver, his spleen, fingers, toes, a chunk of scalp and…….  I look up at my parents. “Does it say his testicle was found on the floor?” I ask them. My parents both nod. I go to turn the page to look at the evidence photos. My dad grabs my hand. “You don’t want to look at those. You can’t handle it.” He says to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment