Monday, October 17, 2016

Random Short story: The man outside my window

   Everyday around lunch time i see a man sitting outside my office window. I just assumed the man was homeless. i never once thought much of it. Until one day i saw him sitting there with tear in his eyes. i felt horribly bad for him. So i went to buy him a sandwich i thought it might brighten his day. As i tried to hand it to him he looked up at me. "I'm not homeless." he explains. Now i feel even worse. "oh i'm sorry sir. your just always sitting out here." the man laughs at me and that was the first time i really looked at his clothing. He had on a suit, not the makings of a homeless man. "Well sir might i ask why you are out here almost every day?" the man once again laughed at me.  "You see the love of my life was kill here about 27 years ago." The man is visiting his wife's grave sight. "oh i see, do you mind if i asked what happen?"  he motioned toward the floor next to him for me to sit. "No i don't mind at all. You see before there were these business buildings here, there was a beautiful park and every sunday me and my wife would come here for a picnic. It was something we had start back when we were high school sweet hearts. i asked her to marry me here. And here is where she told me we were going to be parents after many many years of trying. yes this park is where it all happened." Wow i now feel like i am sitting on a piece of some ones history. A whole love story happen here.  "Sir that sound like a beautiful memory."  the tear once again filled his eyes. "Yes it was. Until the day muggers decide to take her life. leaving me to be a single father. which why i never come here." i didn't understand the man. i had seen him every day for the past month. "but sir your always here." i explain. "Your right i am lately. it because i am trying to face my cowardliness." I am lost and way to deep in this mans story to turn back  now. "How are you a coward sir?" his head sinks low. "well you see i could not be a father without her. so i gave up my daughter for adoption. and i never looked back." Now i understand a bit but not why he has come back. "Okay sir, but why now?"  he looks at me. "i found a love letter from my wife in her old things. A letter i wish i would of found years ago. A letter talking about how if i was to be with out her she would hope our children would be my world. So i looked up my daughter and found she works in that building. Right next to where her mother was killed. She has no idea that her history started here." i felt bad for the man. i couldn't help but hug him. We both got up and he left. Weeks went by and the man never came back. The story some how stuck with me. So one day i told my parents the story of the man. Their reaction i didn't expect. My mother started to cry. That when my dad told me, I was adopted. That the man out side the window was my real dad. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice story,you've got enjoyable work.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, im glad your enjoying it. and thank you for the comment i love to hear peoples feed back. :)

      Delete