Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 44

                “We need to get something from Lily first, but I promise you we will get your daughter back.” Rev tells James. She looks at me. “Send him through to Kora, so he will be safe until this is over.”  I nod yes and pull out the orb. “No, don’t send me anywhere. I can help.” James says as I open the port way. Rev hugs him, “You can’t help this time James.” Rev tells him. She throws him through the opening and James disappears. “He is going to be mad when he gets back.” I tell Rev. “No he won’t. We will have his daughter for him when he gets back so he won’t be mad.” Rev tells me this like everything is going to be so easy. Nothing about getting the orb from Lily has been easy.
                We start running back up the hallway where Lily was coming for Rev. We see Lily standing there with her orb in hand. Lily is tall and thin with straight black hair. Rev says that she reminds her of this girl from a horror movie about a killer spirit that lives in a house. I’m not sure what a horror movie is but Rev seems a little frightened by it. “So you think you are better than me?” Lily asks Rev. Rev laughs. “I don’t think sweetie, I know I am. There is no question about that one.” Rev’s answer seems to anger Lily. “Why are you even here?” Lily asks. “For your orb.” I respond.  She looks at me like she had forgotten I was even there. “My orb??? Why are you calling my time machine an orb? Plus, you idiots won’t be able to use it anyway.”  She looks down at her orb. “If we won’t be able to use it, why don’t you just hand it over?” I am hoping she will. “No that’s definitely not happening. Why would u even want it?” I look over at Rev who shrugs at me. I am not sure if I should even try to answer. How do I tell her that I am Kora’s daughter and that we know she is going to enslave everyone with Charles and West? I think it’s best not to say anything. “Where is James’ daughter?” Rev asks, and Lily’s attention is now back on Rev. Glad Rev said something or we might all just have stood here for a while with no words.  “I am keeping her at the safe place.” Lily says. Rev shakes her head and starts to whisper to me. “She isn’t going to tell us anything and she isn’t that smart, listen to the way she talks.” But I don’t understand, Lily just told us exactly where James’ daughter is. “Rev the safe place is in the questions hall.” I explain to her. “Oh well how am I to know that? If you have ever seen a mob movie, you would understand my confusion right now.”  What is a mob movie? “Well, not that this hasn’t been fun but I am sick of looking at you two.” Lily says as her orb lights up. I feel the ground shake.

                I open my eyes and hear the ringing in my ears. Rev is shaking me. “Ava up! You need to get up!” I didn’t realize I had fallen down. “Where is she?” I ask Rev. “She ran off after she set off the bomb, but did you see her orb light up right before it went off?” I nod yes. That must be how she controls the bombs with her orb. Just another reason why we need to get the orb. “She must have linked the bombs to the orb. The bombs cause minimal impact to the house but knock us around.”  She has to have them on some kind of system. “Is there any way to find them and disarm them without her noticing?” Rev asks me. “I need a working screen and a lot of time.”  Rev helps me up. “I can get you to a screen and give you very little time.” That is not what I asked Rev for, but knowing her… she will do her best. “I’ll do what I can.” We run in opposite directions. I run to find a screen and her to find Lily. I see the screen I was using before and I run right up to it. I start to pull up the cameras on the screen. I see Lily walking around dropping a little box on the floor. That must be one of the bombs. She scans the box with her orb. That must be how she is connecting the bombs to the orb.  I have to do something to warn Rev where she’s dropping the boxes, but how? I start to try and find Rev on the screen. I can see her peaking around the corners making sure to watch her back. Oh no, she’s starting to get close to one of the bombs.  I can’t say it over the speakers or Lily will hear.  I am thinking but I need to come up with something fast. Revs approaching the bomb area quickly.  I don’t think they are motion activated but I am not sure. I start to make the lights flicker. Rev stops moving and looks up at the light above her blink. She smiles, I think she knows it’s me. I look at the other rooms and I see Lily coming down the hall way to Rev. “It’s time for you to meet your maker.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment