Wednesday, July 19, 2017

series wednesday: timetopia page 45

                Rev is laughing, “Trust me honey, my maker is not ready to meet me.” Rev grabs a gun out of her back pack and Lily laughs as her orb starts to light up.  She is going to set off one of the bombs. There has to be a way to stop her.  What if I… I pull out my orb and to create an opening and I pull Lily and Rev through. Lily’s face is in shock as she hits the floor. Rev jumps to her feet quickly and kicks Lily in the face. Then Rev grabs the orb out of Lily’s hand. “Here you go. Now connect them so we can save James’ daughter.” Rev hands me the orb. “I need her blood.” I tell Rev. “How do you have an orb?” Lily asks me. “Its my mother’s.” I tell her. Lily’s face is in shock. She tries to get up off the floor, but Rev slams her back down. “You’re Kora’s daughter? How did she hide you for this long?” She asks a little muffled by Rev’s boot on her face. “Yes, I am Kora’s daughter. Look, I will answer any questions you have if you give me a little blood.” She starts laughing even with Rev’s boot on her face. “The only way you’re getting my blood is if you kill me.” Lily says. “Sounds like a good plan to me.” Rev says as she pulls out a knife. Lily lays there still as if she wants Rev to kill her. Something isn’t right.
                “Wait!” I tell Rev. “She wants you to kill her, there has to be a reason why.”  Rev looks at me. “Oh come on. I wasn’t going to kill her. I was just going to cut her a little bit...” Rev smiles. “Okay in all honesty a lot a bit.” Rev starts to laugh. “Why do you want Rev to kill you?” Lily is now laughing. There has to be a reason and her laughter is just proving me right. “Your mom didn’t explain how our orbs work? Just that you needed our blood or is she just having you collect them for her?” Lily asks. Kora just said I needed their blood to connect them. Maybe they need to be alive... I never thought to ask.  “I am reuniting the orbs.” I tell Lily as Rev ties her hands behind her back. Rev sits Lily up so she can look at me. “Why would you need to reunite the orbs? Unless you want to go back to when it started.” Lily says as I can see her putting the pieces together in her head. “To stop you from turning Timetopia into a land of enslaved people.” I tell her. Lily shakes her head. “What are you talking about? None of you are enslaved. We are simply guiding you. So the mistakes from our time are not made here.” She has no idea what the future holds. Or she is a good liar. She must not have made the choices yet that lead to the future.  “In the future you, Charles, and west enslave everyone to worship you.” I tell her. “How could you know that? The future is locked in the orbs. How could you possibly know that?!” She responds as if I am lying to her. “Wait, is yours locked too?” Rev asks her. “Yes, we all locked them. That way we wouldn’t take over too much of the future. Our plan was to eventually let Timetopia run itself. All of us are supposed to pick a time to live out our days.” Lily responds. She’s only telling half of the story. “Did you think that you and Charles were going to pick a time together?” Rev asks. Lily looks away. “Wow are you stupid. Did he tell you that or did you just assume? Because he claims to love you?” Rev is saying it in her voice that hurts your feelings.
                “Well let’s cut her.” Rev says. I nod yes and grab her orb. Rev cuts her hand and puts her blood on the orb. I am a little fearful to put her orb with Kora’s, but I must. I put them together and I feel my feet drift away. All of the sudden I feel jealousy toward a girl in front of me. I am in a classroom with no windows and I’m chained to a chair. All of the kids seem to be chained. I seem to have gotten out of mine and I stab the girl in front of me. All the kids scream and I realize I need to kill them to get out, so I run and stab the teacher. The other kids are chained and can’t get out, so I set off a bomb.  I run outside and watch the flames. I feel joy as I hear them scream. This isn’t the last time. I keep trying to be the best at everything I do, but anytime there is some one better than me I seem to kill them. Until the day I am taken and put in a cage. I seem to  be in this cage for a long time. I just want this to end no matter how much I scream they won’t let me out. Other people in the cages next to me seem to keep dying. I don’t stop fighting however. I scream every day. After a while my voice goes but I never give up.  Even without a voice I still try to scream. One day I look up from my cage and hear fighting in the room next to mine. I scream and scream and bang on my cage.  That when I see his face for the first time. It’s Charles. He unlocks my cage and lets me out. Then he wraps me in his arms. “They are taking all of the scientists to a camp. I am taking you with me. I will protect you. What’s your name?” He ask me “I am Lily.” He smiles at me. That was the moment I felt my heart warm, something I’ve never experienced before. I open my eyes to see Rev holding me in her arms. “What did you see?”

No comments:

Post a Comment