Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 46

                I stand up and walk over to Lily. How can I feel bad for someone who killed the way she did? But being in that cage was like nothing I had ever felt. It was lonely and sad. I’m trying not to feel anything for Lily, but I can’t help it. “How long were you in the cage for?” I ask Lily. “I was locked away for 8 years.” Lily says, and Rev looks confused. “Wait what? Who was locked in a cage?” Rev asks.  “I was. I was locked in a cage far from my country and alone.” Lily looks Rev right in the eye. “Nope not going to do it, nope I am not going to ask how you ended up in a cage.” Rev says and walks away. I know her by now, she will come right back. Rev turns around. “How the heck did you end up in a cage for 8 years? And why would you put that memory into the orb?” Rev Asks Lily. “I put them in the orb so I would never forget the day I started living. The day Charles saved me. As for the cage… well I blew up a high official’s daughter. When he got a chance to catch me, he put me in prison with all the other people who did something bad to him or who disagreed with him.” Lily says. “Yup and I’m done feeling bad for you. You were in the cage for being a killer.” Rev says. Lily laughs, “I am no different from you. We are both killers and did what we had to for survival. We would do anything to survive and to pretend otherwise would be a lie.” Lily thinks her and Rev are the same, but Rev kills because she has to.  “You’re nothing like Rev. She doesn’t kill to suit her. Survival is different than murder. I felt what you felt when you killed those you were jealous of.  You were sick in the head long before they locked you in a cage.” I don’t mean to be so harsh but there is something very wrong with Lily.  She starts laughing. “You might think that, but I know evil when I see it. Rev is just like me.” Lily says, and Rev looks over at her. “Look 2 screws short. No one cares what you think. The only question now is where to hide you until we are done here.” Rev says completely ignoring what was just said.

                Lilly is remaining tied up while Rev and I try to figure out the best way to get James’ daughter back. “How do we get James’ daughter out without killing anyone?” I ask Lily. She laughs right in my face. “You’re assuming she doesn’t want to be there. She is a loyal Timetopian and will do what she has to for the good of Timetopia.” Rev grabs me and pulls me to the side. “What if Lilly isn’t lying and she is loyal like that?” I shrug at Revs question for I have no answer. We might be able to find out if we go there but what if she isn’t lying, what would we be walking into? “I think we should talk to James.” I tell Rev. “No, he will just say that Lily is lying. This is his daughter we are talking about.” I don’t get why that is such a big deal. James would want to know the truth. “So then what should we do?”  Rev looks at Lily tied up on the floor. “Get proof.” Rev walks over to Lily. “How do we know you’re telling the truth? I mean you lie to yourself all the time saying you’re pretty when you’re clearly not.” Rev is being something I have never seen before. I look at her. Lily seemed angry at what Rev said. “Check the computer in my office. There is the video footage of all of it and that’s where you will see everything.”  Rev looks at me. “If it’s on her computer or screen as you guys like to call it, can you access it from any screen in the house?” Rev asks me. “I am not sure but I can try.” I tell her and I start walking down the hallway to the screen. “Why can’t we just go to the office to her screen?” I ask Rev as she follows me dragging Lily behind her by the hair. “It could be rigged with bombs. We can’t take that chance.” I walk up to the screen and get the cameras pulled up. “I mean it could be a bombed I get that, but why are you dragging her by the hair?”  I stop to look at Rev. “Dragging her is just for fun. Plus I mean she deserves it.” I shake my head at her. I am not sure what to say. “Okay. What am I looking for exactly?” I ask Rev and she shrugs. “What proof do you have that you’re not keeping James’ daughter hostage?” Rev immediately puts her hand around Lily’s neck and shakes her. I grab Rev and pull her back. I’m not sure how she wants her to answer when she can barely breathe. “Thank you Ava. You can pull up the cameras from the questions hall on there if you jump onto the network and bypass the firewall. The computer in my office already has an open portal.”  Lily says this like I know what any of this means. “I grew up here in Timetopia, so you have to know I only know what you guys taught me. With that being said, what is a computer and a fire wall?” Lily shrugs and gives a giggle. “Untie me and I would gladly help you.” I look at Rev. Rev nods yes and Lily smiles. Rev kicks Lily in the head and Lily passes out. “Yeah right, we are not letting crazy psycho bomber loose. You can figure this out Ava. I have faith in you.” Well I’m glad Rev does because right now I’m not sure if I can do this.

1 comment: