Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 47

                “Do you know what a firewall is?” I ask Rev. “Yes I do. It’s a computer program that keeps unwanted eyes from looking at its’ software.” I look at Rev with what must be a puzzled look on my face from her response. “Okay, computer software was not my strong suit. I was always better with my fist.” Rev smiles like that helps. I pull up the screen and start looking through the cameras. Okay if all the cameras are linked together here… Then they must all be linked together, but I’m not sure how to get to them. I close my eyes and think. If I think of the computer as a body and think of the screen as the brain… then the brain can control much more if you let it. I have to clear the mind and get to the codes. So I get to the codes and try to pull up the cameras in the other building. There is a code stopping me like a wall. Oh I get it firewall, that makes sense. I wonder if there is a way to climb over the wall. If only I could see all of the codes. There has to be a way.  I stand here and think, how could I possibly pull up the codes? “Ava what are you thinking about?!”  Rev asks me in an alarming voice. I look at her and she is pointing at the orb in my left hand because it’s lighting up. I am not thinking of a different time, but just how to get past the code. Why is it lighting up? I look at the orb and hold it to the screen. The codes start floating off of the screen and it’s all around us. The orb is projecting the code. I am looking at the code around me and I see how it’s keeping me out. “How is the time machine showing me the code?” I ask Rev and Lily starts to laugh. “You think that’s all it is? A time machine? It is A.I. one that doesn’t  just travel through time. It is so much more then you can imagine.” Lily is trying to sit up with her hands still bound. Rev’s face is in shock. “An A.I.?” is all that comes out of her mouth.
                I pull up Rosaline on the screen. She looks like James, sitting at a desk working. She doesn’t look like she is being held against her will. She looks like it is just any other day. “So what’s the plan now?” I ask Rev as my eyes are glued to the screen. Doesn’t she know they have her dad? Rev’s eyes are angered, I can see it. “We are going to get her!!! James wants his daughter we are going to get his daughter.” Rev says determined.  “Okay but how?” Rev looks at Lily.  “First we have to make sure she doesn’t tell anyone we are coming.” She grabs Lily by the hair and starts to drag her. “Where the hell are you taking me?!” Lily screams. Hell? What is that? I never have heard of this place.  It must be in some other time. I can’t believe I am even saying that. “I am throwing you in the trunk of the car so I know you’re nice and close to me. Just the way you are going to love to be.” Rev says as she is dragging her. Lily laughs. Rev drags her all the way to the car sitting outside the house. “The wellness checkers will be on their way soon. If they aren’t already here.” Lily says. “Oh I am not worried about your wellness checkers.” Rev throws her in the trunk and slams it shut.

                “So, are we ready for this?” Rev asks me. I look down at the orb in my hand. We could just go home. James’ daughter is safe and happy I don’t see why we need to go get her. “Please don’t be mad, but I think we can count this one as a win. Let’s go back to Kora. There is no reason to go after James’ daughter. She is clearly safe and what if she doesn’t even want our help? What if we just get there and there is nothing we can do?” I ask Rev. “Look, as much as I would love to lock Lily in this trunk for the rest of her days… I gave James my word. I am not going back without even talking to his daughter. If I have to go alone I will understand.” What does she mean by that? “I would never let you go alone. I will always go with you. Like you would for me.”  I start to walk over to the passenger seat. I hear motorbikes coming toward us. We know what that means. “Get in.” Rev starts the car and speeds off and we drive right past the motor bikes. They see us and start following us. Rev points to the back seat where the back pack is. I don’t know how she does that. She can keep that back pack no matter what. As long as there is a weapon in it she can hold on to it. “Shoot the tires out.”  She tells me. I grab the hand gun out of the back pack and start trying to aim, but I keep missing. “I can’t do it. They keep moving too fast.” I tell Rev. “I got this. Grab the steering wheel.” I grab the wheel and she jumps into the passenger seat, I hop into the driver’s seat. Rev sticks her head out the window and shoots out the tires with ease. They start falling like flies. We are now on our way without problems.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, Rosaline, prisoner or not?? Why weren't they told more about the orb by Kora??

    ReplyDelete