Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 49

                James is standing there just looking at Rosaline on the floor. She hasn’t woken up yet. She hit her head on the table when Rev threw her through. She isn’t dead, but she is out. She starts to move around and slowly opens her eyes. “DAD?” she says as James stands over her.  “Rosa what happened? What did they do to you? Are you okay??” James runs his hands through her straight blonde hair. “James why don’t you give her a second to breathe? We need to have a chat.” Rev tells James and he nods yes. “Ava can you watch after her?” James asks me. “Okay.” I tell him. But I don’t think she is going to be happy with me watching over her. Kora sits next to me on the floor. “This is why we do not throw people through time.” She tilts her head over towards Rosaline. Rosaline wakes up completely and is shocked to see Kora. She sits up and starts to fix herself. “Kora, it is an honor to meet you.” She bows her head. This was something I was taught to do. We were never told to bow our heads to anyone. Something has changed already, I can tell just by her actions. “My child of Timetopia, tell me why you have turned on your own father.” How did kora know she turned on James? Rev walks back in the room. “He knew you were a traitorous piece of crap and he still had us save you.” I jump up to grab her. She seems like she is ready to hit Rosaline. I know it isn’t right, but at the same time I can understand her anger. “Kora I did what Lily asked of me… I am loyal to The Five.” Rosaline says and Kora’s face changes. “Loyal to The Five??? Why would you say it that way?” Kora asks her. “Because I am. Loyal to The Five and all that The Five stands for. Always knowing what is right for us.”  Rosaline sounds like she has memorized this. I wonder if that’s what I used to sound like.

                Kora looks at me and starts to stand up. “Ava, why don’t you show her to a room so she can get some rest. Come back out here once you’re done.”  Kora walks away and Rosaline gets up to follow me to her room. I show her inside her room and head back to the living room where James has calmed Rev down. I am not sure how he can do that but he sure has a way with her. “I need to talk to my daughter. There are things that need to be said just between us.”  James says as he kisses Rev on the forehead and heads to the room. Rev looks me. “He knew the whole time. He knew she was working with them. He said she’s his daughter and that’s all that mattered to him. She sold him out, and he was in hiding.  He left Rosaline’s mother a long time ago. She didn’t take it well and she turned on him, so he had to go into hiding because of the laws. There’s no such thing as divorce here?”  Rev asks me. “I’m not sure what divorce is, so I’m not sure how to answer that. But he would still have to hide if he left her, because once you get married you sign a legal contract that says you must spend the rest of your life with that person. Or you get erased. His wife must not have turned him in.”  I have never in my life heard of any one leaving their life. Once you find someone or they match you, that’s it. You must be happy, why wouldn’t you be? You have the one person that you’re meant to be with. This makes no sense to me. “James knew about divorce due to the books West let him read. The one he had made here from his memories. Well we all helped, they were our favorite books from our timeline. I was always a little shocked west trusted James with access to them.” Kora walks in and just stands there. “So, James learned a lot about your guys’ lives then?” I ask Kora. She starts to laugh at me. “No, most of the books we brought back were fictional. I don’t think any of us want documentaries here.” Kora says as if I know what a documentary is. “What? Some documentaries are so educational. They show us things that most don’t get to see behind the scenes.”  Rev shrugs. “Okay, do they have any about A.I.?” I ask Kora.  “Yeah, let’s talk about the A.I. Why the hell didn’t you tell us that those orbs are not time machines but instead some kind of robot?” I look at Rev. “Robot?” What is that? I look down on at the orb and it starts to light up. “NO NO NO!!! You get that thing to stop!” Rev screams at me. “What is an A.I? Why are you so mad at it?” I ask her. “Because if you have ever watched any movie about it ever, you would understand. Let me tell you how the movie goes. Ready?! Let’s start at the beginning. Let’s set the scene… scientist, “Oh I found a new way to be lazy. Let’s let this computer think for me. Oh it will make the world a better place.”  And then BAM! Computer decides that humans are too flawed and tries to kill us, and oh everyone in the movie is always all shocked like oh no who saw this coming?  Next thing you know, it’s war between us and the computers every time. So if that thing is A.I. I want nothing to do with it.” Rev says not break eye contact with kora.  “Fine I’ll tell you everything, but after what happened to what you know as china… Don’t think we weren’t careful.” Kora seems to give into Rev’s demands. So I sit down on the floor ready to listen. “What happened to China? Aww man I wanted to visit there some day.” Rev says in a sad voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment