Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 48

We make it to the Questions hall. “What’s the plan?” Rev asks me. “I’m coming with you. How am I supposed to come up with the plan?” I tell her, “I don’t know these places like you do. So yes we need a plan.” I start looking around, but the Questions hall is closed. There is no plan that will get us in without being noticed. "Honestly there is just no way for us to get in without being seen." I tell Rev. "Yeah I figured and we don't have enough firepower to blow them all out of the water."  Rev says, looking in her back pack of guns and goodies as she calls it. Nothing good comes out of that bag. I sit there wondering how I’m going to do this. We can't just walk in. "Whatever your thinking, stop. The orb is lighting up again and freaking me out to be honest. Knowing that is A.I. like all those movies." Rev shakes her shoulder like she has the chills. "I look down at the orb. It has a map of tunnels that run under the Questions hall to the basement. There seems to be an entrance to the tunnels just down the road. The orb came up with a plan. I really need to ask later what A.I. means.

                We’re walking into the tunnels with the orb leading us. "I’m not sure how comfortable I am following that thing." Rev says. "Fine, find your own way then." I tell her as I climb down the ladder into the tunnels. "Oh really, you're going to get sassy now?" I laugh at Rev. She slides down the ladder.  There are so many tunnels down here. I can't believe I didn't think of this. I would need a detailed drawing to get through them.  The orb lights the way for us all the way there.  It leads us into the basement where they keep the people that the doctors see. I look at Rev. "She’s on the second floor." I tell Rev. She steps out in front of me with her gun in hand and points at the stairs. The hall ways have a few people in them, but not many.  We move past them to the stairs without anyone noticing.  We run up the stairs to the second floor and when we get on the floor there she’s waiting for us. Rosaline just stands there. "Would you like some tea?" she says.  Rev looks at me. "You need to come with us." Rev tells her.  "It is very impolite to not even respond to someone’s request." What a weird response. "Do forgive her, she isn't a Timetopian like you and I. I would not care for some tea at this time, but I do have a request of you." I tell her as I point to the sofas in the waiting area.  "Is your request the same as hers?" She says as she sits down. "No, I do not wish to take you with us. I just wanted to speak to you, if you don't mind." She points to the chair in front of her. “Okay let’s speak. What would you like to discuss?” I sit down, but Rev just stands there with her gun still in her hand. “Why would you let them take James? Your dad?” She tilts her head at me. “Have you really forgot what it was like to be a good Timetopian? Nothing comes before the greater good of the community. Selfishness is death to us all.” She says the words that I was taught my whole life. Words I once proudly recited with honor. “Who in the hell decides its selfish to love your parents!! Tell me who decides what the greater good is for the community?!”  Rev yells so angrily. “You are an outsider. You wouldn’t understand. Unlike my other sister, I didn’t idealize the ruthless law breaker in my father’s stories. I admired my mother who strived to be the model Timetopian.” James told stories about his time with Rev. I wonder if he talked about me? Judging by the look on her face though, probably not. “So you don’t like me? I can understand that. But turning on your father… that is something I can’t understand. James sent us to get you and protect you.  But you don’t deserve it or a father like James.”  Rev says as she points the gun at Rosaline. “The wellness checkers, the managers and the hounds  are circling the building as we speak. Lily set off an alarm which set a plan in motion. You’re not getting out of here. So go ahead and point your archaic weapon at me.”  She talks to Rev in a way no Timetopian has ever talked to anyone. She is acting like Rev is not good enough to be talking to her. This is something as children we are taught never to do. There is something very different about her. Rev laughs. “Time to go to James, Ava.” She nods her head at me. I grab the orb out of my pocket. Time to go to James. I throw the orb on the floor to open the way. “What are you doing?” Rosaline asks me. “We are taking you to one of the Five. So she can tell you what it is to be a good Timetopian. She might even be able to tell you how to be a better daughter.” Rev says to her. “Wait, is that a time machine? But how can you use it?”  Rosaline asks me. I smile as she stands to get a closer look at the orb. “I’m Kora’s daughter that’s how.” She turns back to look at me. “What do you mean you Kora’s daughter? That’s against the rules.” I laugh at her. “Is it now? I haven’t heard that.” I say to her. “Time to see daddy.” Rev says as she grabs Rosaline by the throat and throws her through the opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment