Monday, August 21, 2017

Poem: Slow slumber summer night

Slow slumber summer night.
How i long for a reason to fight.
With all the wars fought around me everyday.
You would think i would have a reason to get up and say HEY!.
But for some reason I find my lone existence to be a miss.
There is no war that reaches this little  princess.
So i go on with my pointlessness.
Look for a reason or rhythm.
Something for me to devote my time.
I find nothing no path, no fight, no beauty in the amber light.
So i lay here staring at this boring sight.
With no dream in hand and no hope at heart.
I am uneventfully useless.

So why keep on?
Why even try to sing life long song?

One day i open my eyes,
To see clear injustice in my line of sight.
What do i do??
Should i walk away and say it does not effect me it isn't my fight?
NO! i will not let some one else lose their might.
I run to fight.
I stand up for everything i now know to be right.
I will not lose even if i fight alone.
For the idea of justice is my wake up call.
Now i realize all the fights i thought were not mine.
Were not just one person fight.
We are one under the bright sun.
We must pick our fights.
But to have no fight at all.
Is to be deceased or dry wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment