Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 53

                We are in the house, it’s completely empty. It’s scary how silent the hallways are. "Where is everyone?" I ask Rev. "I would really like to know the same thing. Just be sure to stay close behind me." Rev starts heading down the hall way. I do as she says and stay close. We walk down the long hallway. There appears to be no doors or rooms on this floor. We head up the stairs to the main level. There is West just standing there waiting. "Welcome! I have been waiting for you." He says sounding almost happy. He motions to the table in the next room with food on it. "Are you hungry?" He asks. "I could eat." Rev says as she walks over. She still has her gun in her hand. "How did you know we were coming?" I ask, still standing in the same spot. I felt that without an answer, I could not move. "I saw you on the screens and you have been gone for some time. I figured you appeared to see me. So I had my staff whip some food up so we could talk about the reason your here."  He smiles again at me. I don't like his smile, he mouth does not curve up like most people smiles but instead his smile goes straight across like it is fake.  I look at Rev and she is already at the table sniffing the food.

                "Do you want a crab cake?" West asks Rev and she smiles. "Yes, I would love a crab cake." She takes one and starts eating her mount of food on her plate. "Why are you being so nice to us?" I can't help but blurt out. "Because I know whatever reason you’re here has little to nothing to do with me. Rev is Charles’ ex-wife and you, well... I'm not sure why you are here yet or who that effects." West says as he eats his piece of steak. "You’re right, us being here really doesn't have much to do with you. Also, I am Charles’ wife, but only because killing my mother and betraying me did not get us a divorce. It just makes him a horrible person."  Rev's words are so sweetly said but so unkind. I might never know how she does that.   "Right, that makes sense. I was married once, I know what it is to be betrayed by the one you love. It also hurts when you still love them." He seems hurt. I have never heard about West having a wife. I am very shocked. "Do you mind if I ask what happened? Just for the simple fact that I have spent my whole life going to school learning all about The Five's lives and never once have I heard anything about you being married." I don't mean to be rude, I just want to know why there is nothing in the history books about him being married. "Well that’s because I wrote your history books and I felt it best to leave her out. But if you insist on hearing the story… She was a brilliant scientist and that's how we met. We met inside the camps, after my country had been destroyed. I fell for her instantly. We got married within 14 days of knowing each other. That was my first mistake. I should’ve gotten to know her better, but we were young and in love with plans to fix the world." He stops talking and takes a deep breath. I wonder if she’s dead or if they just erased her when they changed the time line. "Well what did she do to betray you?" Rev asks. "She slept with a teammate. When I asked her why, her response..." He stops again. "Her response was what?! Do not half tell a story I hate that!" Rev yells at him. "She said she slept with him to save the future. What a line right." West seems so sad still. "Try having your husband kill your mom and leave you to rot in a CIA black hole." Rev says back to him. "I am sorry she hurt you."  I say to try and be kind. West doesn't seem like a bad guy. He isn't what I thought he was going to be.  I look at Rev wondering if she is thinking the same thing but with her it’s hard to tell what she is really thinking. "So why don't you tell me why you two are really here." West says. I look at Rev and she nods her head at me. I see her gun still in her hand. "We are here for your orb." I say and look at his face. He looks surprised. "Why would you want my orb? It wouldn't work for you. Plus, how do you even know about it?"  He asks. "Well if it won’t work for us why can’t we see it?" Rev says. He looks at her for a second. West stands up and pulls it out of his pocket. "If you want it, come get it." He says to Rev. Rev smiles at him and then I hear the pop sound. I look up at West to see that Rev shot him in the leg.  "That was your warning. Give us the orb."  Rev says, pointing the gun at his head. West starts laughing and looks down at his leg.  He dusts the bullet off his leg like it was nothing more than a bug biting him. "You see… my bones are 5 times thicker than your average person. So that was not the smartest idea." West says.  Rev smiles as she reaches behind her head into her backpack. She pulls out a sawed-off shot gun as she calls it. "Let’s test how bullet proof you really are." She smiles. West flips the table at us and Rev shoots. The sound is unbearable.  I hit the floor and cover my ears. 

1 comment: