Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 54

Rev looks behind the table. " Darn I missed. Well that unfortunate, we were having such a good dinner too." I think Rev is telling a joke but I am never sure. "What do we do now?" I asked.  "Stay close I will get that orb! We are just going to have to work fast.  But make sure you do not get caught in the cross fire." Rev says. I nod yes. The power goes off, Rev looks around. "Follow me but be ready to hide if you have to okay?" Rev says as she starts walking. "Okay." Follow her. We walk through the kitchen with no one in it. We find ourselves in a hall way. Once again this hall way has no doors. I follow closely behind Rev.  The lights flash back on and off. I look up, I hear the wall move and West comes out. He smacks the shot gun out of Rev's hand. He tries to grab Rev and she slips right through his arms. "Hide!" she yells at me.  But I have nowhere to run. I look down this hall way of no doors. West came out of the walls somehow. Rev kicks West right in the face and knocks him down. She laughs. "Men always think they can take on the little girl and get knocked on their ass." Rev says to West who gets up off the floor. "Maybe men from your time. It’s only because you cheat not letting them know you a mortified human." What did West just say??? I stop looking for somewhere to hide and look back. Rev pulls West down to the floor and flips him on his back. "I am not like you. Don't be mad that an ordinary girl is whooping your ass." Rev says as she gets to her feet. West sits up. "Your right you are not like me. You are like the first generation of modified. I am after generations of perfecting it." West says to Rev. Rev's face looks confused. "If your perfection then our world has gotten a lot worse in the future then I thought. Plus like I told you I am not a mortified anything just a normal old orphan."  Rev says to West. He starts to get up. He looks back at me and then back to Rev. "You really have no idea who you are do you. Think about it have you ever broke a bone? Wonder why? I can tell you. Your bones are thicker than a normal old orphan. You know how I know all of this. My hits should have broken your bones but they didn't. Plus look at Ava's face if you think I am lying. She clearly knows." Rev looks at me now along with West.  I feel so uncomfortable. I look Rev right in the eye. "Ava do you know what he is talking about?" She asks so gently. I nod yes. "Ava it’s okay." She says to me. West eyes are locked on me. Rev is pulling something out of her backpack and shoves it into West neck. He starts to shake and falls to the ground. Rev knocked him out. 

                "What did you do to him?" I ask her as we stand over him. "I gave him enough electrical current to knock out the power of a small city block." She laughs   "Couldn't that kill him?"  I ask her. "I mean it could but it won’t. I was looking through all those papers Kora gave us. The people who made him use to test on the kids to see how much they could endure. So I knew it wouldn't kill him based on that."  Rev say as she grabs a metal rope to tie him up with out of her back pack. "Are you mad at me for not telling you that you were tested on when you were an embryo?" I ask her. She finishes tying up West. "No I'm not mad. Just a little curious as to why you didn't tell me. Or better yet how did you find out about it?" Rev sits on West unconscious body. "Kora found out. She wanted to find your real parents. It was going to be a gift to you for helping her out. She found your mom. That when she found out she had died in a fire where they thought you had passed too.  Someone left you on that bus to give you a chance at life."  Kora told this so much better. I am not sure why she left this to me.   "So I am a test tube baby. Great anything else you want to tell me?" Rev says well laughing. I think she is joking. "All the other babies died. Only you and a set of twins lived. So you have older siblings. But that is pretty much it. That's all I know." I just blurt it all out. Rev's face looks like she is in shock. "I have siblings. Great! Wait if they thought I was dead where are they at?" I look at her. “Your government has them. Not that I am sure what that even means. I’m sorry we can ask Kora together if you would like.” I look at West who is still unconscious. “I don’t think I am the type to need anyone to hold my hand but thanks for the offer.” I didn’t think she would take my offer either. “What about him?” I point at West. “We get the orb and draw some blood. Do that thing where you slap them together and we’ll be on our way.”  Rev says it like everything is that simple. “Okay. So where is the orb?” I ask her. She reaches into West’s pocket. Her face gets sharp. I know that look she didn’t find what she wanted. “Not in there?” I ask. She flips him over and looks through all of his other pockets. “He must have hid it when he ran.” I look back down the hall way with no doors. He could have hid it anywhere. “Where do we start?” I ask Rev and look back at her. She walks next to me and looks at the hall way. “Ummmm. I guess we wake him up and make him tell us?” I look at her. “Make him how?” I ask her. She smiles, “the good old fashion way.  Massive amounts of pain.” I don’t think I like this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment