Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 56

        We walk through the hole to the future. We are in a city but this one looks different then the last time we came to the future. Same houses as the last time with all the markings but no people.  Rev grabs her gun out of her bag.  West is looking at one of the stone houses. "This is a craving of my little brother." West says. I walk over to one of the houses he is looking at.  It looks like a story told in pictures. It starts with a little boy playing on swings and falling into a river where he drowned. "This is your little brother?" West looks at me. "Let me lose. Whoever did this must pay." I am not sure why he is now mad. Or what they did. I didn’t know West had a family seeming as they are not in any history book.  I look around and don't see Rev anywhere. "I am sorry I couldn't let you go even if I wanted to. Plus I am not sure why you are mad."  West licks his lips and sucks them both in for a second seeming to calm himself down. "Someone murdered my little brother. The last time I saw him he was on this swing. I ran to my house to get my action figure. We were going to tie a rock and see how fast he would sink. When I returned to the river my brother had drowned to death. There was a bruise on the back of his neck from where someone held him down. We never found his killer or why they killed him."  I feel bad for West I can see the pain in his eyes. "I am truly sorry for your lose." I tell him. He looks down. "The grass is dead."  He says. I look down and the grass is dead. I have never seen dead grass like this. "We should find Rev." I tell him and he nods yes. We start to walk through the rows of stone houses. No people anywhere to be seen. There is also no castle like last time. I see Rev standing on top of one of the stone homes. "What are you doing up there?" I ask her. She points out into the middle area past the homes. I walk over there. 

            I see dead bodies rioting away. I drop to my knees. How could this have happened? "We need to keep moving." West tells us as he rubs his shoulder past mine. Rev comes down from the house. "He is right we need to go. She says as she unlocks the chains on West. "Thank you." He tells her. "I am only unlocking you so if you have to fight you can." He looks at the bodies. "They were poisoned." West tells us. "How do you know?" I ask. "The veins on the bodies of the ones not so badly decayed their veins are black. I have seen this poison before.  We have to keep moving." I look back at Rev. I can feel the tears start to fall from my eyes. I look back at the body of a little girl. Her hair still in braids as half her face is gone. I can see her bones through her rioted flesh.  Rev puts her arms around me. "Come on honey. This is not anything you want to remember. We are going to stop this from happening okay?" She pulls me up off the floor. "How could someone do something like this?" I look at West. "I am sorry Ava. This is why we created Timetopia to stop this. The thing that is strange to me is the poison of choice.  West is looking over the bodies some more. Rev starts to push me away from them. "Is this poison special in some kind of way?" Rev asks as we walk away. "Yes this is a very special poison. In my time they call it The Decider."  West says as he starts to follow us.  Rev stops. "The Decider?? Okay you have me intrigued. Why?? Why in hell is it named that?" West laughs at Revs. "The passion in your voice every time you speak gets me. It was called that because not everyone who takes it dies. About 23% survive. They become healthier and stronger. But no one is sure why. It made no sense. There was no way of telling who would survive. Twins would take it and one or both would die. Which is highly unusual for identical twins since their genetic makeup is almost exactly the same. It drove some doctors crazy trying to figure out why. As far as I know they never figured it out."  Rev turns to look at me. I can see in her face she just thought of something. “It isn’t air born right?” she says slowly.  “No it is not.” West says as he looks back at the bodies. Rev takes a deep breath. “How then? How did they disrepute it?” Rev asks. I just start walking I cannot be this close to those bodies any longer. “They put it in their drinking water and food.” West follows me. Rev still standing there. “Oh, that’s genius and cruel all at the same time.” She starts to follow me to. I just keep walking. We walk for miles until the grass is green again. In the distance I hear children playing. I hear laughing and singing but I still don’t see anyone. West grabs me. “Walk a little slower. We don’t know what is waiting for us up there.” I turn to look at him.  He seems to care what happens to me. It is throwing me off. “Wooohooo, I know you don’t think you’re a part of the team.” Rev says as she laughs. I see the castle from last time in the distance. “Look we are close. This is where we came last time.” I point at the castle. “Okay lets go see this future self that you guy say is doing all of this.” West says as he walks ahead of me. 

4 comments:

  1. I actually don't know what this is and don't know where to begin this looks like a story I kind of was interested but couldn't find the beginning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://messymindwriter.blogspot.com/2016/09/series-wednesday-timetopia-page-1_21.html

      Here is the link for the first page. the Tab called timetopia on the left has all the back pages. I really hope you do start at the beginning. Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for the reply back i will definitely look into it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do. I'm always open ears to what readers think. :)

      Delete