Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 57

        I see the people praying to the castle as the three of us are slowly making our way to it. That is where the West from this time is. West who came with us walks further ahead of us. West from this time, Charles and Lilly stand in front of the people and they seem to be getting ready for some kind of speech. “I know you have all been worried but today we have answers. The festival was a success, here are your chosen ones!”   Charles says as four people walk out in front. They must be the ones who survived the poison. I look at Rev as she comes up next to me. "Keep an eye on the West we came with. I am going to walk around a bit, I want to see something." I nod yes to Rev's request. I walk right behind the West we came with. His focus is on the West of the future. I put my hand on his shoulder to let him know I am behind him. "There is no way that is me.  Why is Charles doing all of the talking? Everything about this seems wrong," West says. He can’t take his eyes off his future self. Lilly walks forward to talk. “I know you must be saddened by the loss of your friends and neighbors, but their sacrifice was not in vein. With these survivors we can see what makes them special to save all of you. We came from a land of horrors and wish to protect you from it." Lilly smiles to the people after her speech. West is shaking his head in disapproval.  The people cheer for them. I look around and Rev is nowhere in sight. I am getting a little worried. West from this time steps to the front to speak. "As long as you have us you have no need to worry. We are your saviors without us you would not survive. Always remember that." West says and then walks to the back. The West that came with us looks so mad. "That's not me. I would never say that or become that. I have to talk to him. I need to know what happened."  West says as he looks back at me. "I thought you might feel that way. I found a way into the castle where we will be unnoticed." Rev says from behind me.  I turn and look at her. She always seems to appear out of nowhere. "Okay let’s go to the castle then." West says to Rev.
                We make it into the castle passed all the people. Rev leads us to a window we climb through. Rev and West with guns in their hands. I am looking at this strange place. There are chains on the floor throughout the castle. Rev hears something and stops moving, she motions for us to stop moving. We all stop and stand close to the wall. I see in the distance Charles walking down the hall way toward us. He has chains around his legs. The chains seem to run with the chains on the floor. "He is a prisoner." Rev says. "The chains are like a railroad track. They allow him to move along the tracks but not off." West says to Rev. I am not sure what a railroad is. Charles looks funny. He doesn't at all seem like the Charles I have seen before. Rev look at me, "stay right here with West okay??" She tells me. "Okay I’ll stay right here."  She smiles at me and then looks at West. "If anything happens to her I will murder you so brutally that there will be no pieces of you for anyone to find. Got it?"  West laughs at Rev. "Yeah I get it." Rev walks into the middle of the hall way heading directly to Charles. "Richard." She shouts. He is not fazed by Rev at all. He just keeps walking along the wall. Rev steps directly in his path. "Richard." She says one more time.  It’s like he doesn't even see her. She grabs Charles. "Richard what the hell is wrong with you." She says as she shakes him.  “I know you have all been worried. But today we have answers. The festival was a success here are the chosen ones!" Rev looks back at us and then back at Charles. "Richard you said that already to the people." West looks at me very confused. Rev starts shaking Charles once more. "I know you have all been worried. But today we have...." Charles starts to say again. Rev stops him and then moves out of his way. He starts walking again like if she had never been there. He walks right passed us without even blinking. It's like he can't see us. Rev motions for us to walk over to her. West and I head over. "We need to find the other West." Rev says to West. He nods his head in agreement and we all start to run down the hall ways looking into each room as we go. I hear a voice coming from down a hall way. It’s a woman's voice, I stop running.  I turn down the hall way and follow the voice. Something about it seems so familiar. I walk over toward a room that has one beam of light shining out of it. I see West from this time sitting in a chair looking into the beam of light. The light is so bright I can’t see where it is coming from. "Today has been a great day for all of us. Thanks to your prayers we will not need to have another festival for a while. So you can all rest easy. Your lives are safe thanks to us."  The women's voice says. “Today has been a great day for all of us. Thanks to your prayers we will not need to have another festival for a while. So you can all rest easy. Your lives are safe thanks to us." West repeats what the women said from the beam of light. He keeps saying the same thing again and again. I start to back out of the room. It is like he isn't a person anymore. What has he become? Is this happening to Charles and Lilly to?

1 comment: