Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 64

     Everyone is sitting on the sofa waiting for me to say what my plan is. "It’s okay to be nervous." Kora says trying to comfort me. I wish I could just talk to Rev about my plan. "Rev you know that game you told me about with the flash lights?" Rev face looks puzzled probably because she only told me about it once while we were on the road driving. "Flash light tag?" Rev says slowly. "Yes....... That one..... Ummmm. I was thinking we could do that to Charles. We could make him look in the dark for us flashing the lights only where we want him to look misdirecting him throwing him off for you to attack."  Kora and Rev looked at each other for a while and then back at me. "That could work if we knew exactly where he is going to be." Rev says looking at Kora for a response.  "How???? I mean we could.... Ummm well..." Kora stumbles over her words just as I have just done. We all stand there in silence I think they just realized that having me come up with a plan is not a good idea. “Ava walk me through this a bit.” Rev says as she stands up. I think she literally wants me to walk her through my plan.   

                I lay on the floor after going over the plan step by step with Rev although she thought I was crazy the first half of the time. She finally started to get on board. I am exhausted from running through the plan over and over again. “We should go for a walk.” Kora says as she reaches her hand out to me to help me up. I take her hand and get up off the floor and we head outside. “After you get the last Orb from Charles you are going to need to get back here for the last piece of the plan.” I look over at her as we walk. “What is the last piece?” I ask, she stops walking and shows me her necklace.  She must be talking about the flash drive. “Why would I need that?” I ask her not fully understanding why I would need anything from her flash drive thing.  Kora says “because you will need to go back to stop us from ever creating the time machines in the first place. This flash drive has everything my team and I have ever worked on and all of my research. I am the keeper of all of it I guess you could say.” She laughs. “How did you get that job?” I ask wondering how and why they would trust one person with all the information. "I was the only one who wouldn't use the information to benefit only me." Kora says as if its fact but she had me for her own benefit, didn't she? I am not sure what to say. "Why did they think that? I mean that you wouldn't use it to for your own benefit." I ask with West’s words in the back of my mind. I look long and hard watching every line on her face waiting for an answer. "I had nothing to use it for. We all tried everything to save my sister.  Once it was figured out that she could not be saved my life goal was to make this place everything we had dreamed about. This is why it hurts me so much to have to destroy it, but I will not let our dream become a prison for people. That is just something I needed to change." Kora is trying to do what is best for everyone not just herself. I think West might have known a different Kora. Maybe Timetopia and losing her sister changed her.  "Why can't we just find the person responsible for all of this and just stop them? Why do we have to stop Timetopia’s creation?” I ask Kora hoping that she might see there is another way then just eliminating everything I have ever known. “There is no way of knowing for sure who is doing this. Plus without the Five to keep Timetopia in check…….. It will more than likely just become the world we left behind. I can’t let that happen.  I didn’t go through all of this for this just to become what we left. I would rather you just change that world. I think you and the information on this flash drive can do just that.” I can hear the hope in her voice. “How many were killed in that ruin where your sister was buried?” I ask hoping to remind her of what she did to get herself here. “I wish I could say that those ruins killed millions but by the time we made the Orbs there were not even millions left.” Kora says sadly. “I thought those ruins were from the past not from your time. When exactly did you start it all over again?” Kora shakes her head at my responds. “Yes your right the ruins were not the future. It was the past but all those people were already dead and the future was not a place anyone wanted to go.” Kora says thing just as blunt as Rev. This must have something to do with the world they were raised in. "They were alive when you whipped out the world though, were they not?" I ask Kora trying to really understand her. "Yes they were and it was one of the hardest parts of making this new world. But at the time I thought it was a necessary evil and once I realized we did all this for nothing I came up with this plan." I hear her words and I don't think her justification of everything makes any of it right, maybe undoing everything she did to get here is the right thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment