Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 67

      "Why don't you turn around so I can see that handsome face of yours and also so you can hand over the gun." Rev says with a smile to Charles. "How are you even awake? I gave you a pretty strong sedative one that would take out a gorilla." Charles says as he turns to hand his guns to Rev. "You don't know do you?" Rev says a little shocked. "I can assure I have no idea." Rev starts laughing. "Take a good look at me sweetheart, you're looking at the first generation of embryo testing. I am a mortified person my love." Rev says in the sweetest voice. Charles’ face drops. "I didn't know that. I learned about that when I hit the future. I knew they had been doing testing in our time but I was under the impression all of it was unsuccessful." Rev knobs yes at Charles. "I am the only successful one from my time of birth." Rev smiles so proud of herself but she didn't mention her siblings who survived as well. "That explains you falling off the church roof and not breaking anything." Charles says as he starts to walk toward the giant windows, Rev follows him with the gun pointed at him. "As good as this trip down memory lane has been we need your Orb."  Rev says it like he will just give in to her request. I stand here completely still thinking how I wish things had gone a little more like I planned. How did he know we were coming? "My Orb? You are joking right? Or are you just mad!? My Orb won't work for you. Clearly you guys are working for one of us how else would you be able to time travel."  Charles says just like the others but I want to know how he knew we were coming. "How did you know we were coming?" I ask ignoring what he said. "I didn't know you personally were coming. I set my Orb to alert me when a hole is torn in the time I am in and also for it to alert me when Rev’s DNA is within 1000 yards of me." That is really smart of him. That explains the alarm sending everyone away. "So back to my questions about my Orb." Charles says as he leans with his back to the floor to ceiling windows. "Your Orb will work for me if I combine it with the others. Well with your help of course." I explain to him. "Whose kid are you?"  I smile. "Kora." I state. "Her and West had a secret baby who is now trying to what? You are trying to take us all down or something?" He is assuming West is my father I wonder why. "I am not trying to take down anyone. I am trying to save you." Charles laughs at me. "Save me? That impossible with Rev on your team. You do understand that right? She is going to kill me no matter what she has told you." I laugh at him and so does Rev, I think this is my fault for miss-wording what I just said. "She told me she was going to kill you no matter what. I think I should have worded this better. I am here to save everyone but you I guess."  Charles starts to give a small laugh. "Yeah that's what I thought. I would ask what you're going to be saving the world from but I have run out of time. So why don't we talk about that next time." Charles drops through the floor. "WHAT???" Comes flying out of my mouth. "NO!" Rev screams and run over to where he was standing. "It's a trap door!" Rev says as she stands over the square hole in the floor. "What are we going to do?" I ask. Rev look at me and jumps in the hole. I look around the penthouse to find Rev’s back pack with all the guns in it because she has mine. I see the backpack by the thing that gives out coffee. I grab her backpack take a deep breath and jump down the hole.
                The hole was long, cold and lead me to a room of mirrors. "I don't understand where we are." I tell Rev who is looking at all the mirrors. "It's a fun house that most likely leads to a safe room of some sort. We just have to make our way through and hope there are no traps." Rev says as she taps on one of the mirrors. I get up to hand Rev her backpack. "Here I think you might need this." She turns to look at me. "Yes I do need this." She smiles and grab out her gun which is much bigger than mine.  "So we have to walk through the mirrors?" I wonder if this is some kind of technology from her time. "No, the mirror are a maze. They are just set up to look like there is no way through. He took one of my favorite things and ruined it not a surprise." Rev keeps walking up to the mirrors and stepping back to look at the whole thing. "What is a maze?"  I ask Rev unsure if this is a good thing or bad thing we are about to walk into but judging from Rev's face I'm going to say bad. "A maze is a designed like a puzzle in which you have to find a way out. It is normally really fun but I have a feeling like this one isn't going to be." I walk up to the mirrors wondering how this could be fun. I like puzzles normally but this doesn't seem like a puzzle. "You said something about traps, what did you mean?"  Rev puts her backpack on her back. "You will see when we get to it. Come one." Rev walks through one of the mirrors. I walk over and see there is no mirror there it is an opening. I start to follow Rev and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment