Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 68

We have been stuck in this mirror maze for hours. Lucky Rev brought snacks and water in her backpack. Not even Rev is sure how large this maze is.  "I hate him for this!" Rev says as she looks closely at the mirrors. "I wish this place was better lit." I say as I look around at the dark lighting. "We just have to keep moving." Rev says as she pulls me up off the floor. "I get this is some kind of puzzle but they could at least put benches in here." I tell Rev as I dust myself off from sitting on the floor.  The lights seem to get darker and then brighter almost like they are going to go out. We just keep moving through the maze, I don't think we have run into any traps that Rev had been worried about. The lights completely go out for a minute. I stop where I am at and Rev grabs me. "Don't stop moving come on." I hold Rev's hand and follow her through. The lights are going out for minutes at a time now. I think it must be the way this place is powered. "Stop I have an idea."  I tell Rev as I pull out the Orb. "I already hate this idea." Rev says as she stands there. I pull out the Orb to light our way. As soon as it lights up I see a man with a painted face standing behind Rev in the mirror or behind the mirror I am not sure. "Who is that?" I ask Rev as I point. She turns around and screams in fear. "OH HECK NO!!!"  I don't understand her fear of the man with the strange painted face. "What's wrong? I don't think he is going to hurt us he isn't moving." Rev is shaking her head no. "Of course he isn't going to hurt us he isn't real. He is a killer clown from a movie that used to terrify me as a child."  Rev turns toward the paint man pointing her gun at him. "Rev I think it’s okay." I try to comfort her, she starts shooting the painted man in the face shattering the mirror. I see a girl with all her hair in her face and her arms out. "What in the...." Rev says before she shatters that mirror. I stand there just watching her as she goes about shooting through mirrors, well at least it is getting us through the maze faster.

                Rev and I are running through the maze of broken mirrors. I slip and fall into a piece of broken mirror slicing up my arm nothing serious but I am bleeding quite a bit. "Are you okay?" Rev asks me as I look at my cut. "Yeah it's just a surface wound I should be fine. I just want out of this thing." I tell her looking at the maze. "Don't worry we are almost to the end I think." Rev look forward and keeps shooting all the mirrors out. "Come on let's go." Rev says as she starts to walk again. We are finally out of the mirror and there is Charles sitting at a desk. Why is he just sitting there? Rev tilts her head. "Why are you not in some kind of safe room?" Rev asks him. "Why would I? You would get to me no matter what I did. I just needed time to get some things together." I do not understand Charles' thinking at all. "Give her the Orb and then get on your knees and pay the price for her life." Rev say with a strong voice. "You can kill me Rev but you cannot have my Orb. I will never give my Orb to a child of Kora and West." Why does he keep insisting that I am West’s daughter? "I am sorry to intervene in your guy’s argument but I am not West daughter." I am not sure why I felt the need to clear that up but I am sick of him calling me the child like I am not my own person. "How do you know you're not West's daughter?" He asks and I can’t help but sigh at his question. "Because his Orb didn't light up for me." Charles just stands there. "Oh I see."  Charles says with his head down. "Okay so West isn't her father now hand over the Orb." Rev says as she steps toward him. "Come get it Rev." Charles says as he rolls up his sleeves. Rev smiles and put her backpack down and throws her gun on top of it. I don't think this is a good idea. Rev run right at him with her knives in hand. He deflects her at first but Rev jumps on his desk and kicks him in the face. As he tries to shake it off she stabs him in the side. She throws the knife cover in blood at the wall next to me. That when I notice that I am standing in a puddle of my own blood. My arm is bleeding a lot more than I thought. I look back up to see Charles drop to his knees holding his side. "Do you have anything to say?" Rev asks him. "I didn't mean to kill her Rev. You know what she meant to both of us. It was an accident and I wanted to tell you that but I was stealing your jobs secrets so it didn't feel like a good idea." Rev laughs at what Charles says. "Where is the Orb Richard?" Is the only thing she says back to him.  "You won't find it Rev so just kill me but let me say this Rev. I am okay with dying now, I ruined my life that day I killed her and stole your secrets. I lost you that day. I have been around for a long time now and it all mean nothing without you. So do your worst but know that I love you!"  Rev puts the knife to his throat. "WAIT! We need that Orb." I yell. Rev looks around and her eyes fixed on his desk. "Ava can the Orbs disguise themselves?"  It must be hiding on his desk. "Yes they can!" I say with excitement. This is almost all over.  Rev walks over to the desk and grabs a clear oddly shaped paperweight. "A giant diamond." She says as it shocks her. "Yup this is it." She starts to throw it to me when Charles jumps up and knocks it out of her hand. The paper weight changes into and Orb as it flies towards me. It lands in my puddle of blood and lights up. "Why did it light up with me blood?" I look up at Charles whose face looks just as shocked as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment