Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 69

          Rev looks confused. "Did we get some of Richard's blood on it?" She asks me but I can't move or respond. I just keep thinking about what West said about Kora cheating on him. She told him it was to save the future. Is this what she meant? "Ava did your blood get mixed with Richard's?" Rev yells at me. I look up at her and make eye contact and then look back at the knife which is dripping in his blood three feet from my blood puddle. I look at Charles who is frozen. "That’s not possible?" He says as he gets up. "I mean I did throw the knife through the air, it is possible that it mixed with her blood." Rev says in a panic. "Ava who did Kora tell you was your father?" Charles asks me but I can't move or speak. I just look down at the Orb and pick it up and as soon as I do it shows me Rev, she looks so young. I feel her hand touch the side of my face. I am climbing over a stone fence and run past people on their knees but I am behind them so they can't see me. I run all the way up a tower and there is Rev waiting for me. She holds me until I fall asleep I feel completely whole in her arm. "I love you Rev." She smile as I whisper that in her ear. "I love you to Richard." When she says it back I have an overwhelming fear come over me. Rev is in tears and I feel horrible. "Let's run away and see the world." I tell her. "Richard we are just kids we can't do that." I hold her in my arms. "Together we can do anything." I see the rock where I ask her to marry me. She says yes in her normal smart ass way. I love her so much. I feel like without her I will die.

                "Ava wake up."  I open my eyes and see Rev. "You were so beautiful and full of hope." I tell her. "I am guessing his memories were of me." Rev says as she helps me sit up. "Yes it was your guy’s life together. How can you kill someone you love so much?" After feeling what he felt for her and seeing her feeling back I no longer understand her reasoning. "He killed the only mother I ever had. No matter how much love I had for him. For that he deserves to die." I look at Rev and hug her I can't imagine this choice is easy.  "Charles is just standing there staring at me.”What did you mean you were here to save everyone?" He asks me. "In the future one of you takes over and brain washes the rest. They start to use Timetopia for testing the Decider." Charles face looks like the others when I told them about the future. "Wow and I am guessing you thought it was me."  He says I am not sure how to answer so I just nod yes. "Ava?"  Charles says. "Yeah?" he walks toward me. "Did you know I was your father?" I look at Rev. I don't want to hurt her. "No I had no idea nor did I care to find out who my father was. I have a great dad so I never asked Kora who she had me with to carry out her plan." I look at my arm that Rev stitched up. "Her plan? This is her plan to save everyone?" Charles asks me. "How did this even happen if Kora was married to West?" Rev asks Charles, he takes a deep breath. "Well Kora and I were fixing things here in Timtopia and she was distraught over losing her sister. So I was just there for her and well one thing lead to another. It was strange because Kora never spoke much to me before that week and after West caught us she never really spoke to me again."   I look at Rev and she looks sad. "So you had a daughter Richard. You always wanted a daughter." Rev just walks away. "You don't understand Rev they told me when they cured my cancer that I wouldn't be able to have kids. So I never thought this was possible. Plus I didn't want kids with anyone but you. The day I stole the files I was planning on having us both frozen I never was going to leave you behind but I killed sister Ellie and I knew you would never go with me." Rev turns and puts the knife back on Charles throat. "Don't ever say her name!" Rev's anger is back. "Rev please wait." I ask her and she seems to listen. She walks back over to me and rubs my back. "So now that you have my Orb what's your plan?" Charles asks me. "I am still deciding if I let Rev kill you. She has every right to but I now think it would hurt her more than you could imagine." Charles nods no at what I just said. "No that's not what I meant. Plus I know you are going to let her kill me. She needs it to move on and it seems like you two would do anything for each other."  I look him in the eyes and somehow I just know he wants what's best for Rev. "Can you two stop talking about me like I'm not here. Thanks!" Rev says. "Now that I have all the Orbs we are going to stop you guys from creating them. So Timetopia never happens and no one ever becomes brain washed." I explain to Charles. "Wait so you have all six Orbs?" Charles asks. "Six!?" Rev kind of shouts. "Yes, there were six Orbs. The Five and then Kara's but I am not sure if Kora has hers or if it is still where ever Kara hid it." Rev and I look at each other. "Great just another thing Kora left out." Rev says as she throws her arms in the air. "Is Kara Kora's sister?" I ask seeing as how no one has ever said her name before. "Yes Kara was Kora crazy sister." Rev takes a deep breath. "What do you mean crazy sister?"  Rev asks hesitantly. "Well didn't Kora tell you about her?" Charles responds. "Yeah but just how kind she was." I tell him. "Well Kara was kind I guess. She was brilliant to with a honey tongue."  Rev seems to know what that means because she nods yes. "What is a honey tongue?" I ask. "It is a person who speaks so sweetly that every word that comes out of their mouth is like honey sweet but sticky." Rev says. "Oh okay. Why is that a bad thing?" I am not sure I understand the problem. "Honey mouth people are normally the people up to no good. However they are great at convincing people to do what they want." Rev explains. "She was no different. Kara could convince you of anything. She had no value for life; she was a scientist to the core. She was ruthless to say the least but she loved Kora. When she found out that they were going to sell Kora into human slavery she sold out her own country. She helped start the end. She is also how Timetopia started. She destroyed all the major cities. It was a waste land after her. We had to gather together and kill her just to survive her." This is a very different story then how Kora made it seem. "So do we need the last Orb then?" Rev asks me. "Maybe, why didn't Kora tell me about Kara?" I ask Charles. "It was really hard for her to deal with. Kara had a hold on Kora like I have never seen. It was like Kara controlled Kora's breathing.  Kara was honestly a force like no one had ever seen." I am starting to question some things. I hear clapping from behind us I look at Rev who looks just as puzzled as me. "Who else is here?" Rev asks Charles. "No one." He says as he looks over Rev.  I slowly start to turn around.

1 comment: