Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 72

     I am dusting myself off and I see Rev still on the floor groaning. "Are you girls okay?" Kora asks. "Kara is a psycho but we are fine." Rev responds. "That's not funny Kara is dead." Kora says in such a hurt voice. "She said you knew she was alive." I explain to Kora. "There is no way Kara could be alive if that was true I would be dead. Kara would have taken her revenge on me. I helped them take her down after she did something she shouldn't of." I look at Kora wondering who is telling the truth. "You mean after she destroyed the world and killed billions. Why didn't you tell me it was her who did it?? Why did you make it sound like it was a choice all of you made?" Kora shakes her head. "She is my sister and my twin at that. I would never say anything bad about her. She is just so passionate. She often got a head of herself and hurt others without realizing it." Kora is defending her. "Kara is a psychopath who is going to die for killing Charles. Which by the way thanks for the heads up that he is your baby’s daddy."  Rev says as she stands there with a mean look on her face. "Kara killed Charles?? Why would she do that?"  Kora doesn't believe us, she isn't saying it but I can tell. "You don't believe us do you?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "I am just trying to wrap my brain around all of this." I am wondering if there is a way to show her what happened. The Orb starts lighting in my hand and I have the idea to put her hand on the Orb and show her my memories. I grab her hand and put it on the Orb and think of what just happened. I start to see it all over again, I am sitting in a dark room all of the sudden and I see a little girl. "Don't worry Kora I will take care of you. We don't need her." She hugs me and I feel safe. I am in the same dark room and a man comes in and I start to scream for help and he walks toward me taking his jacket off. A teenage Kara comes running in and stabs him with a knife in the neck and keeps stabbing him. "Come on Kora, we have to run." I can feel the tears pouring down my face as I get up and follow Kara. We are running through somewhere I have never seen. We run past girls in giant cages almost like rooms. Kara uses the man's necklace to get us out of building. We are running but all these lights are on us and the floor is so hard I just realize we have no shoes. People are not far behind us.
                "Ava!" I wake up on the floor next to Kora with Rev standing over me. "What did you do?" She asks me. "I started to show her my memories of what happened and somehow I started seeing hers of Kara." Rev nods her head. "Okay well that explains what Kora said right before she pushed you and the Orb away." I look at Rev waiting for her to tell me. "Stop looking at me like that you look creepy. She said No! Those are my memories and then she pulled away that’s when the Orb flash a light and knocked you both out. I don't think it liked her pulling away."  I stand up but I feel dizzy. "I don't think she knew Kara was alive. I think if she would have known she would be with her sister wherever she was." I tell Rev as I try to walk to the sofa to sit down but I fall to the floor. I feel so weak more so then when I have seen other people's memories, I look to see Kora still on the floor. I have so many questions but for now I need sleep. I open my eyes to see hot tea in front of me on the table and I sit up to drink some of it. I look around and it is night time, there are no lights on which makes me think everyone is asleep. So where did this tea come from? I put the tea down. "Ava are you okay?" I look over and there is Rev in the dark. "Did you put this tea here?" She turns on the lights. "Yeah Kora said the cup would keep it hot until you touched the cup. Some future technology I guess." I look at Rev not sure how to tell her this is common technology here. "This isn't mind blowing technology. This cup has a self -warming component until it feel body heat on the outside then it cools for you to drink it but that's not important. Where is Kora?" Rev picks up the tea cup and looks at it. "I am definitely taking this back with me, as for Kora she is in her room but I highly doubt she is sleeping you both were knocked out for a while. I was a little afraid Kara’s crazy ass was going to show up while you guys were out but nope nothing just you guys passed out on the floor." I have a lot of questions about Kara still. I also have a lot of questions about Charles being my dad. Why wouldn't she just tell me I was his daughter?  I would have understood she thought she was doing what was right for the future. However with Kara being the one who made that horrible future, what side does Kora stand with? I need to figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment