Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 73

Kara killed Charles in front of me and is responsible for the horrific future. Kora has no idea what hand she had in making that future and now I don't know what is real anymore. I decide to get up out of my bed and start to walk to Kora's room where I will get answers. I throw her door open and she is just standing  there looking at me like she was waiting for me. "How could you not tell me Charles is my father!?" I ask Kora but I realize I am yelling, I didn't mean to but I am. "I am not sure why I didn't tell you. I guess I was a little ashamed at what I did." She sits in a chair in the corner of her room. "Ashamed that you slept with him so I could surpass the DNA fire walls?" I ask her and the look on her face was surprised. "No that's not why I slept with Charles. I cared about him and he was the only one there when Kara passed." I am not sure why but she seems to want to make me think she cared about Charles. "You told me I was a part of a plan! A plan to stop the big bad future from happening! KARA CREATES THAT FUTURE! So please stop pretending you cared for him and this all just happened and just tell me the truth. How did you come up with this plan?" I am yelling at her more passionately then I have ever yelled at anyone in my life. "Ava calm down and look at her."  Rev says as she grabs me. Kora is sitting in her chair completely still just like Erick did. "I don't remember how I came up with the plan. I was sleeping and I knew I had to go to the future to see all that Timetopia would become and when I saw the horror that it became I had to stop it. Then you were born and the plan was just in motion."  Kora says as she puts her head down like she is trying to remember what happened. "I think there is a reason she never gave us more detail. I think it was because she couldn't. I don't think this was her plan." Rev says behind me. I just stare as Kora start rubbing her hand.
                "I know how I came up with the plan. I am just a little jumbled up right now. “Kora says as she smashes a lamp into her dresser.  Rev and I nod our head as we start to back out of the room. "We are going to give you time to get some sleep I think we are a little bit jumbled up." I tell Kora to keep her calm. "Yes I need sleep that's where she comes to me."  I stop stepping back. "That's when who comes to you?" I ask Kora. "That's where Kara comes to me in my dreams. She helps me with all my hard choices." Kora starts to crawl into bed. "But Kara isn't dead." Rev says. "Don't be crazy of course she is dead. It's her angel that visits." Kora lies down and pulls her blankets over her. "Of course it is." I say as I put my hand over Rev's mouth, I can hear her trying to correct Kora. We turn and walk out of the room together. "So she is brain washed right?"  Rev asks me as I lock the door behind us to my room. "Yeah I am afraid so." I look at Rev knowing how bad this is. "Well this was kind of her plan. So I'm at a loss of what we are supposed to do now?"  Rev says as she does that thing where she throws her arms in the air. "Why hasn't Kara showed up here?" I ask Rev.  I am wondering why of all times she has decided to come now when we are here with Charles but why she has never come to the house.  "She is planning something big or maybe something she needs hasn't fallen into place yet." Rev is thinking. "What would she need?" I ask Rev. "You're asking me to think like a girl who is two crayons short of a full box. Who are we kidding that girl is more than just a few short." Rev says as we both start pacing. She had it made doing her test on people without any one interfering, until Kora brought Rev here but if Kora is brain washed then isn't that what Kara wanted?? My head hurts just thinking about all of this. "Is your head hurting?" I ask Rev. "Yup, I was just trying to wrap my head around how we got here and who's plan is this and why nothing and I mean nothing makes sense."  Rev lies on the floor. I sit against the door and wonder what could help us. "Hey did your parents go back to their own time?" Rev asks me. "No they are still here in this time. Why?" Rev sits up. "The only thing I would wait for before attacking is leverage." I don't understand what leverage has to do with anything. "I'm sorry I don't understand what you are talking about. Like a pulley system where you would need leverage to lift something?"  Rev jumps up to her feet. "No leverage over someone else. It is where you take something you need or want to ensure they are going to do what you want." Why would anyone do that? I know Rev is from a completely different time and place but the way she thinks scares me. "So you think she would hurt my parents?" I ask Rev as she pulls me off the floor. "Yes I do, "I instantly feel fear come over me and open the door and run out of the room, I keep running out of the house to the house my parents are staying in. It is the middle of the night and their lights are on. I feel the fear coursing through my veins. Rev walks up to the door and turns the knob she looks in not opening the door all the way. “Ava stay back there okay!?” I can hear it in her voice. I run to the door and push it open..

1 comment: