Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia page 75

"So how are we going to kill the big bad witch?" Rev asks me. "Witch?" I ask as I put my back pack on. "Forget it, how are you going to take out Kara?"  Rev say as she keeps me from walking out the door. "I am not sure yet but a bullet between the eyes seem like a good idea." That would be a guarantee for death. Rev hugs me."I have never felt more proud of you in my life. Right between the eyes. Aww."  I pull back from Rev tight embrace. "Stop you’re making me feel weird." I tell her as I step back and push her arms away, she just laughs at me. “Come on don’t be like that.” Rev says while she is still laughing at me. “Let’s just get Kora and head to my house where my dad should be waiting hopefully.” I start to head to the living room to get Kora. Kora is sitting on the sofa like she is just waiting for me.  "Kora let's go." Kora gets up and dust herself off.  The Orb lights up in my hand and I think of my home. "It's time to end all of this." I tell Rev as I make a hole for us to pass through.       
                "Where are we?" Rev asks as she looks around the dark street.  "We are down the street from my house. I need you to make sure it’s safe for me to grab my dad and run." I explain to Rev, she nods at me and takes off running around the back of the houses. I look at Kora; she puts her hand on my shoulder. "Whatever happens here just know I love you and I understand." Kora says and almost instantly starts to walk to my house not allowing me anytime to respond. I am following her, wondering what she is thinking. I wonder if she thinks I am going to kill her, I don’t think I would kill her she didn’t really do anything to me. Kora walks into my house and I follow her all the way in. I see my dad making tea but it was him who was there in the past with us. This is dad that was there when I turned 17. I run past Kora and straight up to my dad I jump on him and wrap my arms around him. “DAD! My dad catches me. “Aww Ava I am guessing you had a good time with mom at the museum.” My dad puts me down and I step back to look at him. This is my 17 birthday this is just a few hours after the museum. So much has happen since this day I don’t know what to say. “Ava where is your mom?” My dad asks as he looks around the living room his eyes fixed on Kora. “Dad she isn’t coming home.” I tell him as I hug him so he will understand what I am trying to say in so many words. “So I am guessing you know.” My dad replies. “Yeah I know I am your daughter.” I smile my dad smiles back at me. “Yes you are. May I ask what happened to your mom?” My dad’s eyes are watering but not one tear has fallen. “I will tell you everything later. I need to get you out of here for now.” I look back at Kora and start to think of how I am going to even get him out.
                I stand here just thinking, wondering what can and can’t I do.  I look at the Orb and it hits me I can try anything if it doesn’t work well at least I tried.  I need James to get my dad out but James won’t know me yet. I am sure Rev could talk to him but how am I going to get to Rev without Kora noticing? I have a feeling like Kara is watching us I would need to do this in a blink but how?  The Orb starts to light up in my hand and I just know it is going to help me. I close my eyes and think of Rev, I feel like I am flying and once I feel like I have stopped I open my eyes and I see Rev walking behind the houses. I run up behind her. “Rev” I whisper, She turns around. I grab her arm and think of James and the Orb lights up and I close my eyes. “How did you do that and why? I am going to be sick.” Rev say as she tries to get her bearings. I don’t feel sick at all. “I didn’t have time to explain and I really don’t know. I am kind of hoping you will just know what to do.” I am not sure how much time I have until I can’t go back to the moment I left. Rev looks around. “We are at James cabin. Past or future?” Rev is picking up on my train of thought so effortlessly. “The past, if I did this right you should be a few month before the day we just came from.” Rev wipes her head at me. “Months are too long?? A lot can happen in months. She will have time to find us with months.” I hug Rev. “I am putting my faith in you, I have to get back. I hope to see you as soon as when I do.” Rev nods her head and starts to run toward James’ place. Okay Orb please don’t fail me now. I think of the exact second I left and take a deep breath. I hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment