Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 74

I see her hanging from the ceiling.  I want to drop to the floor but then it crosses my mind that my dad was here with her. I start to run through the house looking for my dad but I don’t find him.  “Ava I found something!” I am holding back throw up as I run back through the living room past my mom. Rev hands me a piece of paper. “Read this while I get her down.” Rev says as she grabs her knives to cut her down. I hear my mom’s body drop to the floor but I try to contain my tears long enough for me to read this paper. I open the folded up paper and start to read it, “Hi niece, you have something I want and I have something you want. So let’s stop playing games. Give me the Orb and I’ll give you your dad. I love you! See you soon.”  I am so anger, I want to hurt her. I turn around to my mother's lifeless body and drop to my knees to scope her up in my arms. I can no longer hold back the tears. I start to cry uncontrollably. I started this whole journey to get my mom back and Kara killed her in the end. Kara wants the Orb and Kora, she is using my dad as leverage to get it. I kiss my mom’s forehead. "I am sorry mom for what I have to do. I know you wished so much more for me." I whisper in to my mom's ear.  Rev lays a blanket over my mom as I get up. "What are you going to do?" Rev asks me. "I am going to take a page from your book." I tell Rev as I start to head back to Kora's.
                All I can think about it my mom hanging from the ceiling, her normally rosy cheeks pale. I walk into Kora's bedroom and pull her by the hair out of bed. I pull her all the way to the living room. "What the hell is going on?" She asks me as I walk over to my back pack and grab my gun and point it at her. "Scream for Kara!" I yell at her. "Ava breath." I hear Rev say from behind me. "Scream for Kara to save you or I will kill you with no regard the same way she killed my mother!" Kora is shaking her head at me but she isn't screaming. "Ava, Kara has your dad and Kara is the one who did this. You don't want to hurt Kora you’re just in pain. Trust me pain is a tricky thing, it makes you feel like you're doing the right thing by inflicting pain on someone else but it's wrong." I look at Rev she sticks her hand out to me to give her my gun. I want my dad back safe but I want Kara to feel the pain I am feeling right now. I start to wonder if this is how wars are started. I hand the gun to Rev and she pulls me in and hugs me. "We will get your dad back and make Kara pay for this But Kora is still your blood mom. Some day that might mean something to you." Rev whispers in my ear. I don't think there will be a day when her and I sharing the same blood will mean anything to me. She will never be my mom. "How do we get Kara to come here if we don't get Kora to call for her?" I ask Rev. "She isn't far; she is just waiting for something." I don't know how Rev knows any of this. "How do you know?"   Rev shakes her head. "Trust me she is watching us from not far away that how people like this work." People like what?? I am so confused on how I feel let alone what to do. I walk over to my back pack and grab the Orb out and think about Kara. I am hoping that the Orb will help me find her. I see her face pop out of the Orb in a beam of light. "You figured out how to use hologram calling. Congratulations." Kara says to me.  I look back at Rev not fully understanding what Kara is talking about. "Where is my dad?" Is all I can say to Kara, she laughs and shrugs. "He is in a safe place and you will get him back once I have the Orb and Kora.” I am not sure why she thinks I would stop her from taking Kora. "Kora is right here and waiting for you. As for the Orb just hand over my dad and I’ll give it to you. I won't stand in your way I am a good Timetopian and I will do as I am told." I hear the words coming out of my mouth and for the first time I know what it is to lie.  There is no way I am giving her my Orb. "Perfect I was hoping that you would feel that way. If you want to find your dad just go home to the day this all began but take Kora with you and I'll be seeing you soon." Kara waves goodbye to me and the beam of light turns off.  Kora is standing up behind me. "I won't let her hurt your dad Ava. You’re my daughter I am sorry I didn't see any of this coming but now that I do I’ll protect you. Kara isn't evil or bad she is just completely goal orientated she can't see past whatever goal she has. I'll fix all of this I promise." Kora puts her hand on my shoulder like that is going to help.  "We will do what she says But know this Kara isn't the sister you remember in your Orb trust me." I push Kora hand off my shoulder and head to the room to get the rest of my stuff. "We are going to have to kill Kara." Rev says as she stands in the doorway. "I know that's what I was planning." I respond.

1 comment: