Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Series Wednesday: Timetopia Page 63

           Rev has been sleeping in my bed since the castle. She says it is for my protection but I don't believe her. I think she is scared just as much as me. I hear my door open to my room I look up and look at it. "Get up it's time to go over the plan." Kora says as she stand in the door way. I shake Rev awake. "Come on she isn't just talking to me," I tell her. Rev rolls out of bed and we start to head to the kitchen where Kora has made us food. "This is the only good part of these talks is that you make us wonderful food."  Rev says as she starts making herself a plate. "So we are finally at the end of the road on this long journey." Kora says to me as she hands me my plate. "Then I can get back home." Rev says like this has just always been the plan. "Then I will be without a home or lands or even my people." I respond to both of their statements. "You will have a chance to change the world Rev lives in but we will get into all that after you retrieve the last Orb." I really want to know what her plan is for me. I hate how she only tells me a little bit at a time. "So where is the file on Charles?"  I ask looking at the table and noticing the lack of paper, unlike any of the other Five we have faced. Kora sits down with a plate of her own. "We have his walking, talking file right here in front of us."  She looks at Rev. "He is an asshole. There I taught you everything I know." Rev goes back to eating.  Kora rolls her eyes at Rev. "Well I was a afraid you might say that." Kora gets up and grabs a folder from her desk in the corner of the kitchen. She puts the folder on the table.  Rev grabs the folder quickly and starts looking at what's inside. "Wow you have our juvenile records in here..... I am not going to lie but I'm a little impressed. EWW why do you have my high school year book photo?" Rev says while ripping the photo up.  "This was everything I could find on Charles and seeing that before he was awoken in the future you were the biggest part of his life so naturally I had to research you as well."  Kora says as she pulls the folder away from Rev. Kora hands the folder to me to look at. I open it up to see a lot of Rev in it. "Charles is going to be different from the others. He isn't from our time so his whole perception on the world was very different than ours. He will think more like you Rev so he will see anything your planning coming from a mile away." Kora says. "Trust me I have thought of that already which is why I am not planning a thing Ava is going to plan it all out." I look at Rev wondering when she has planned anything since we met. She just flies by the seat of her pants as she would say it. Great now I have to come up with a plan to beat Charles who I thought was the one behind all of this but now I am not so sure.

                "So do you have a plan or are you just going to lay in bed all day?"  Rev asks as she pulls the blankets off my head. "It's not like we ever really have a plan anyway. Why can't we just go in like we normally do?" I ask Rev as I pull the blanket back over my head, she rips it right back off.  "We could but Richard will kill us if we don't have some kind of a plan. He is too smart for that." Rev is shaking her head. I lay there wondering if we could just make him think we are there when we aren't or make him see two of us. I think I can do something like that with the Orb like some kind of illusion. "I think I got a plan. Get the weapons ready."  I tell Rev as I hop out of bed to start getting ready myself.  I start to put on some clothes as I am trying to work it out in my head how I am going to do this. First I am going to need to figure out where Charles is going to be.  I finish getting dressed and walk into the living room where my mom is sitting with Kora. When I walk in they both turn and look at me. "Hi Sweetie," my mom says. "Hi mom." she gets up and gives me a hug. I hold on to her, there is nothing in this world like my mother’s embrace. "I am proud of you. I know you were sad when you found out you were not my biological daughter. But I wouldn’t change it for the world. I love just as much as if you did come from me. Your father and I had a joke that our baby picked us. I know I won't ever see you again after this so I just wanted you to know how much I love you my sweet girl." My mom whispering all this in my ear is making the tears flow. "Where is dad?" I whisper back. "Outside," I let my mom go and walk outside. There he is standing so tall and strong with all his white hair. I hug him so tight he lifts me off the ground. "I am glad that I at least got to see you old once in my life." I whisper in my dad's ear. "I love you Aviator!" I laugh. "That's not a girl's name." I whisper into my dad's ear, this phrase is one he is use to hearing by now for it was something I said often as a young girl, I use to cry to him how my name was meant for a boy. My dad would always reassure me that a person makes the name not the name that makes a person. My dad laughs at me and puts me down. "Do you think I am doing the right thing by following Kora's plan?" I ask my dad. "I think that Kora is one of the five who created our wonderful lands and if she thinks that you can changes things for the better I have to have faith in that. I have to have faith in the daughter I raised." Once again I just feel like neither of my parents really get what is about to happen. They are just blindly following Kora. I am not sure what to say to my dad besides. "I love you dad and I am so grateful to have been raised by you."  I hug my dad. "Has she told you who your real father is?" My dad asks as he steps back from our hug. "No she hasn't nor have I asked." My dad’s face looks a little shocked by my answer. "Why haven't you asked?" My dad inquires. "I have a dad. I don’t care who might have fathered me with Kora that doesn’t make him my dad. Just like the fact that Kora mothered me doesn't make her my mom. Even if you guys would have told me you didn’t have me and none of this would have happened I would have never asked who my blood mother was. I have you guys and that is more than enough for me," I explain to my dad. His eyes start to tear up. "Ava! We need to go over the plan."  Rev yells from the front door. I smile at my dad and hug him for the last time. I start to head back to tell them my crazy idea that I hope will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment